Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza-Jose Ramirez Bout Ordered By WBO; Lopez, Haney Given 24 Hours To Challenge Ruling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza-Jose Ramirez Bout Ordered By WBO; Lopez, Haney Given 24 Hours To Challenge Ruling

[Click Here To Read More]

I would go the WBC route

Comment

Hankey should take it. I could see him stink up the place for a boring decision

Comment

I think Haney will stay at 135 at least for one more fight.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Honestly pretty considerate of Lopez and his situation, but still following their rules, unlike some organizations we could name.

Comment

This is absurd.. Teo is being pressured by Top Rank via the WBO.. I hope Teo bounces for Goldenboy

Comment

Soon, Ramirez vs Barbosa if Teo and Haney passes. I'm all in if any of those guys fight.
              Hitmon Hitmon SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

At least none of this is politically or personally motivated it is all about the fight game and how to bring the best together to meet in the ring. And of course taking into consideration all the fans of boxing and there hopes for the best fighting the best.........................

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                  This is absurd.. Teo is being pressured by Top Rank via the WBO.. I hope Teo bounces for Goldenboy
                  What is absurd?

Lopez has very publicly declared that he has retired. The WBO are saying if he really is retired then they are not hanging around and the belt is vacant and they have a fight planned to fight for the vacant belt. But, to be sure, they are asking Teo to clarify if he is actually retired or not. That seems sensible to me. They are giving him the option to say "hang on, I'm not retired," in which case they will put their planned fight on ice. That seems fair. And then on top of that, they are also making provision for him to change his mind in the future, even if he is retired. They are saying that if the belt is, indeed, vacant and the Barboza-Ramirez fight goes ahead and a new champion is crowned, that Teo can come back to challenge the champ as no.1 contender up to 12 months on. Once again, this seems fair.

I don't see how he is being pressured, given that this all proceeds from him saying he is retired -- and to undo it, all he has to do is send an email saying "I'm not retired and I'm keeping the belt."
                  Last edited by Monty Fisto; 07-11-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Barboza-Ramirez is actually a pretty good fight. Definitely worth watching.
                    Topdogggbm Topdogggbm Hitmon Hitmon like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X