No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron 'Boots' Ennis' Diversity Of Destruction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron 'Boots' Ennis' Diversity Of Destruction

By Corey Erdman - When Jaron Ennis was working his way up the boxing ladder, fighting in Philadelphia venues like the Pennsylvania Sheet Workers Union Hall and the 2300 Arena, the fights followed a familiar pattern, as they tend to when talented prospects are being developed. Ennis, and fighters of his level of talent and acclaim, can more or less do whatever they want
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great stuff, as usual, Corey Erdman. Villa is tough. Boots was impressive.
    kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Cory Erdman - best boxing scribe bar none.

Ennis should already have been a mandatory for a year or so by now. There is no other fighter I want to see in a belt fight more than Ennis. That said, I can't see when that is going to happen because of the rematch clause for Bud-Spence. That fight rematch is contracted to happen this year so December but there's likely to be some holdup - injury, illness, contractual - so earliest we are talking for Boots is a year from now - not good enough!

Comment

If Villa looked bad on Saturday Night it was not bc Villa had a bad night it was bc Ennis was too skilled at putting his skills into action inside the ring. What Villa displayed was great for him he showed up and gave it his all and never backed away from who he is in the ring. But Ennis took away his Strengths took away his resistance to his punch's and left him to hopefully fight a better fight next time.

Comment

When I watch Ennis I can see wow, this guy is unique.

Now; I'm not saying one can be hyping too much too soon as they do nowadays, and say he's in the Sugar Ray Robinson/ Leonard and Floyd stratosphere, but it would take a great fighter to beat him.

He'd have to beat the likes of Crawford, Spence, and even up to the best at super middleweight for me to bestow that kinda label on him.

He does get hit a few times, cleanly, and takes it well. So I wouldn't say he has any clear flaw at all, but just brush up on that defence more, as it's not Mayweather level, but who is.

If there was a, say, Thomas Hearns around, then you can get hurt badly if hit even once or a few times. Especially the Hearns that looked absolutely devastating against Duran.

But yes, onward and upwards, I'd say Ennis and Shakur are the two young stars with the biggest trajectory to be mythically pound for pound best.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Cory Erdman - best boxing scribe bar none.

Ennis should already have been a mandatory for a year or so by now. There is no other fighter I want to see in a belt fight more than Ennis. That said, I can't see when that is going to happen because of the rematch clause for Bud-Spence. That fight rematch is contracted to happen this year so December but there's likely to be some holdup - injury, illness, contractual - so earliest we are talking for Boots is a year from now - not good enough!
            When the IBF made him Interim Champion, after he beat Karen on January 7th, they gave Spence 90 days to fight Boots or vacate! If he didn't sign for Crawford, he was going to fight Thurman...AT 154!!! That should tell you everything you need to know about Boots!

Comment

With his size, speed, reach, defense, offense, and Ring IQ, other than Spence or Crawford, I can't think of any fighter capable of beating Boots from 140-160! He's a very special talent! Philly Stand Up! Y'all did it again!

Salute to Edwin De Los Santos! That was Beautiful!!!

Shu-Shu, where are you??? I need that! Top Rank, please fast-track my boy! Go Brooklyn!

Comment

Typical egocentric fighter, overhyped by the media. He is very good but not a super talent, matter of fact he was hugging Villa the moment he felt his punch. Why would you hug if you are so good? He was much bigger than Villa too. Villa was also the typical Latino, going forward and showing bravery, even if he had the risk of being KOed. If Villa would have fought like Afro fighters do, he could have just cruised, hugging, moving, not engaging the last three rounds and could have gone the distance, like they do. He took Bottsībest punches like a man, showing he has a great chin and resistance like most Latinos.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                  Typical egocentric fighter, overhyped by the media. He is very good but not a super talent, matter of fact he was hugging Villa the moment he felt his punch. Why would you hug if you are so good? He was much bigger than Villa too. Villa was also the typical Latino, going forward and showing bravery, even if he had the risk of being KOed. If Villa would have fought like Afro fighters do, he could have just cruised, hugging, moving, not engaging the last three rounds and could have gone the distance, like they do. He took Bottsībest punches like a man, showing he has a great chin and resistance like most Latinos.
                  In the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, “Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.”​

Perhaps it’s just you as most long term fans on here do see something special in Boots. Doesn’t mean he’ll stay on course but the potential is definitely there.
                  Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                    yawn!! You sound like a broken record.

Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X