No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis-Roiman Villa: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis-Roiman Villa: Stats & Stakes

By Cliff Rold - In the classic approach, a fighter gets to a title shot by working through their progressions, facing some other legitimate contenders before working their way to a shot at the title. It doesn't quite work like in contemporary boxing. With sometimes at least four major sanctioning body belts around, getting to a title shot before any real danger occurs
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Boots will be able to show off his skills in this one Karen fought like he was terrified and made Ennis swing and look bad cutting off the ring but Villa will be right there

Villa got outboxed by Rashidi but he was always there and toughed it out all the way to the last round but I think Boots will accumulate too much damage and get the stoppage in the later rounds
    Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
      I think Boots will be able to show off his skills in this one Karen fought like he was terrified and made Ennis swing and look bad cutting off the ring but Villa will be right there

Villa got outboxed by Rashidi but he was always there and toughed it out all the way to the last round but I think Boots will accumulate too much damage and get the stoppage in the later rounds
      Or Villa shows much discipline and becomes accurate as the fight progesses and Ennis fades from over training to keep his weight proper, then keeps getting caught coming in too soon. Who knows i sure hope something special happens between these two guys i dont want them to ruin each other tonight but if they do i will be watching. As a matter of fact let them destroy each other, why not. I can only hope.................
      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Or Villa shows much discipline and becomes accurate as the fight progesses and Ennis fades from over training to keep his weight proper, then keeps getting caught coming in too soon. Who knows i sure hope something special happens between these two guys i dont want them to ruin each other tonight but if they do i will be watching. As a matter of fact let them destroy each other, why not. I can only hope.................
        Im expecting Ennis to stop him clean, perfect style for Ennis in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Im expecting Ennis to stop him clean, perfect style for Ennis in my eyes.
          it is easy to look at the fight the way your looking at it to go i am hopeful for more then a one sided fight tonight....if not then the undercards may hold something special for the card tonight

Comment

Villa looks a lot more than 5'7, that is odd. In any case Villa has long arms & he generates power with them so trying to go backwards v Villa isn't a smart idea. The best way for Jaron to outbox Villa will be by timing him & spinning off to the side, NEVER straight back. The bravest option for Jaron would be to step inside Villa's wide punches & whip him at close quarters. That would be a high-risk strategy though.
            uniquehump uniquehump likes this.

Comment

Ennis has never fought a puncher like Villa

Comment

This is some brutal treatment to Villa after an upset win. They just put him in front of a straight up buzzsaw. He'll need to press and make it a very ugly fight. Go Orlando Solido on Ennis.

Comment

Thar was bad. Villa has heart but that wasn't close at all, damn.
                  danceswithfire danceswithfire likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X