Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson: This Is How I Want My Whole Career To Go; Get In Get Out, Onto The Next One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson: This Is How I Want My Whole Career To Go; Get In Get Out, Onto The Next One

By Jake Donovan - The early ending to his last fight came with the immediate news of a quick turnaround for Jared Anderson. Not that he was going to wait around for his next fight, regardless of the outcome. Anderson's homecoming bout was confirmed by the time he stopped unbeaten George Arias in the fourth round of their
    [Click Here To Read More]

I fear that will not be the case for him when he moves up in competition. Those punches are simply too telegraphed. He likely will miss like crazy against someone with skills.
    Wambamsam Wamb likes this.

Comment

He's a hype job. The first time I saw him box and listened to Bradley gush I was shocked. He's getting poleaxed by somebody. lol, put him in with Arslanbek Makhmudov. That would be great.
      rudy rudy Wambamsam Wamb like this.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
        He's a hype job. The first time I saw him box and listened to Bradley gush I was shocked. He's getting poleaxed by somebody. lol, put him in with Arslanbek Makhmudov. That would be great.
        Yea very few "develop" ring skills very fast in the fight game, some are fortunate to be born with those abilities almost from the start others must work at it. Power in the heavies is the great equalizer, but so many in the HW divison fall in love with there power and then believe the hype of there promo guys and platform boys that they never get far in the competitions of boxing.
        AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Interesting comments so far. I think he’s pretty solid as a fighter myself. Still a ways to go. But that’s why he’s prospect
          Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
            Interesting comments so far. I think he’s pretty solid as a fighter myself. Still a ways to go. But that’s why he’s prospect
            The business of prospect's getting some heat from fight fans is not so much that the "prospect" should get that much grief (sometimes) but that bc of hype and over saturation by promo men and the like"(writers)- people get agitated, they see the guy is not all he is cranked up to be, and the bam fans get annoyed with all the noise and so little action in the ring.
            mev1 mev1 likes this.

Comment

He can do whatever he like. Get in, then get out and stay out for 2 years and it would hardly affect his standing. Fighting once a year or 18 months, etc. is never a huge deal in this sport. It's not even a sport, it's a business. And at the end of the day, you would even have a chance of getting HOF recognition after retirement someday.

Comment

Hes only 23, no need to push him in a division that has a late prime. Id say he should be on a bum buffet for the next 5yrs. All it takes is 1 punch from a 32yo HW to stop his momentum so match making is key.

Comment

​I agree with the general spirit that it's premature to anoint Jared Anderson as the next great Heavyweight.

Let's see a smashing win over capable vet Charles Martin, who not long ago was good enough for some even today to legitimize that "World Title" that Usyk carries around; cuz' that's who it comes from.
                  That is a big step up for Anderson, and a first big test to pass.

Over thinking the ascetic properties of how he "looks" will become less important as he builds his body of work.

In just a few years it'll be left to Anderson and those younger types like Daniel Dubois, Fabio Wardly, Zhan Kossobutskiy, Joshua Edwards, Martin Bakole, Alexis Barriere, Joseph Parker, Filip Hrgovic, Frank Sanchez, Arslanbek Makhmudov, Efe Ajagba, Otto Wallin, Amaar Abduljabbar, Tony Yoka, ****** Gadzhimagomedov, Agit Kabayel, Ivan Dychko, Bakhodir Jalolov, Simon Kean, Emmanuel Reyes, Demsey McKean, David Adeleye, Kem Ljungquist, Arslan Yallyev, Lenier Pero, Raphael Akpejiori, Jermain Franklin, Vassiliy Levit, Kevin Lerena, Arslan Yallyev, Aybek Oralbay, Antonio Mireles, Stephen Shaw, Abner Teixeira, Julio Castillo
                  Mark Petrovskii, Frazer Clarke, Ayoub Ghadfa, Richard Torrez Jr., Mourad Aliev, Justice Huni, Julio César De La Cruz, Solomon Dacres, Jonathan Guidry, Granit Shala, Sonny Conto, Kacper Meyna, Davit Chaloyan, Martin Paredes, Adam Stewart, Pezhman Seifkhani, Jose Larduet, Moses Itauma, Ryad Merhy, and others to carry out the next era, when today's top dogs are gone.

As we always do, we can just watch the show unfold. I think that Jared Anderson might do some business before its all said and done.
                  Last edited by Willow The Wisp; 06-28-2023, 11:47 AM.

Comment

The truly great fighters were young champions, cleaned out the division during their prime, and held off some young lions after their prime. Their seems to be so much hesitation amongst this generation of fans for a fighter to truly be great.
                    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X