Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Doesn't Believe Golovkin Will Retire, Expects Him To Make Super Middleweight Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Doesn't Believe Golovkin Will Retire, Expects Him To Make Super Middleweight Run

Even the biggest fans of Gennadiy Golovkin are clueless as to what's going on. In September of 2022, the former Olympic silver medalist attempted to even the score with Canelo Alvarez. But after coming short, the former unified champ at 160 pounds has seemingly crawled underneath a rock and ostensibly disappeared.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A washed up GGG vs Lara would've been a good fight to get in the W column. There's no need to compete GGG would get smoked by David Morrell jr let alone Benavidez. It ain't like Ryder is the the undisputed champ @168. Either fight Janibek or Charlo once he loses to Canelo or just outright retire

Comment

GGG / Jacobs 2.

Both on the way out.

Last fight extremely close.

Let's solve it.
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
        GGG / Jacobs 2.

Both on the way out.

Last fight extremely close.

Let's solve it.
        Said no one…. Honestly watching Danny Jacobs fight is often like watching paint dry.

Comment

Translated= “I need a new cash cow and GGG was always popular on HBO. I need him to come back so I can make a few quid. Murkowski needs content in the usa and Al Haymon has nearly out me out of business in the usa and Queensbury and boxxer have taken over in the U.K. Joshua has been slapped about thrice now and Benn Jr is a crackhead! Please come back golovkin! I’ll put you on the second rate eurobum circuit for some easy dosh!”

Comment

GGG will likey get beat on at 168 by the top fighters
            champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I think he is retired, although he hasn't said it, and I think that's the right decision. He shouldn't let Hearn push him into anything. At 41, it's too old to be trying to forge something in the SMW division. It doesn't help that Canelo holds all the belts there and a fourth fight with him isn't ever happening. Stay healthy and get out -- if he needs extra cash, he can go down the exhibition route.
              Orcue70Arce Orcue70 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Said no one…. Honestly watching Danny Jacobs fight is often like watching paint dry.
                Be honest with yourself.

Do you really want to see old Golovkin in with some 20-year old?

thack thack likes this.

Comment

Golovkin avoided top fighters in his prime it’s hilarious if anyone thinks he’ll fight anyone with a pulse besides canelo. Dude is a can crusher. Golovkin never been a household name he vacated his 160 belts to avoid Lara AGAIN

Comment

At this point of his career and at age 41; GGG is now a ruined fighter who should strongly consider retirement. He has had a tremendous run but now there has been a changing of the guard.

He lacks both the stamina and hand to eye coordination to simply compete with the much hungrier and younger lions of the division. It's only a matter of time now before he gets knocked out by one of the top contenders of the168 pound division.

Comment

Working...
                    X