Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Outpoints Joshua Franco In Rematch, Wins WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Outpoints Joshua Franco In Rematch, Wins WBA Title

Kazuto Ioka didn't get the knockout win he craved but lived up to his vow to make every punch count. Japan's only-ever male boxer to win titles in four weight divisions got it right the second time around in a WBA junior bantamweight title-winning effort over Joshua Franco. Ioka landed the more telling blows throughout their rematch, which he won via unanimous decision Saturday evening at Ota-City General Gymnasium in Tokyo. Surprisingly close scores of 116-112, 116-112 and 115-113 all landed for Ioka, who became a six-time titleholder through four weight divisions. The feat came six months after Ioka and Franco fought to a twelve-round, majority draw in their December 31 WBA/WBO junior bantamweight title unification bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-24-2023, 12:28 PM.

ioka was always superior. people were screaming franco robbery last time but franco just threw more and hit iokas gloves. ioka was landing cleaner shots

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
      ioka was always superior. people were screaming franco robbery last time but franco just threw more and hit iokas gloves. ioka was landing cleaner shots
      Class is class. Sometimes people forget this simple fact.

Comment

People tend to dislike more defensive style fighters like Ioka. I thought the draw was fair in the first fight, but punches in the wind and on gloves tend to impress less attentive spectators, or those who just want to see a bar fight. Good win for Ioka, but I don't think he can handle young Nakatani.
        Last edited by BetoMag; 06-24-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Good on Ioka for Franco being an unprofessional ****.

Comment

Wow, the old warhorse got it done, congrats to him. Really hope we get a unification between him and Estrada, two future HOF'ers

Comment

Ioka vs Estrada

Comment

Now Franco can return to San Antonio and finish getting fat from the depression eating he'll be doing

Comment

I’m Mexican living in Texas just like Franco but I’m glad he got his arse beat. That’s what he deserves for being unprofessional and coming in overweight. If you’re gonna keep pulling these shananigans just retire
                  Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Unfortunately I missed the fight but I am happy for Ioka. Considering the circumstances with Franco coming in overweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X