Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Canelo rank among all time great boxers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Canelo rank among all time great boxers ?

No really great fighter win on his resume where does he stand I may have him on 50 ?

Name his top best wins.

Comment

top 50, i'd say

Comment

i dont know would be low down on a long list,maybe scrapes into the top 1000, at this moment in time there are probably around 20 fighters more gifted than him, maybe more again would have to sit down and make a list

Comment

He lost the first 2 fights to triple G. Weak resume outside Floyd and GGG. Probably top 250 guy all time at best. Media has overrated him

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOutlaw View Post
            He lost the first 2 fights to triple G. Weak resume outside Floyd and GGG. Probably top 250 guy all time at best. Media has overrated him

somebody has to get those wins lmfao

when you're talking about Canelo, he doesn't get those 2 wins.

when you're talking about GGG, he doesn't get those 2 wins.

Comment

It's all going to be subjective. Even if you use a formula based on fighting ranked opponents etc, like BoxRec, modern boxers are at an advantage because so many bouts preWWII aren't recorded.

And people's view of quality of opposition is wildly subjective and biased, especially when it comes to Ginger. Very difficult to provide any apples to apples comparison, especially as belts have changed, eras aren't the same, training methods are different, etc.

It's all essentially mental masturbation. Very little value at the end of the day, and a lot of debate from people who have never achieved anything close to what the people they're trying to put down have done. For a fighter, there's going to be aspects of each top fighter's game that you'll like and want to integrate into your own game. That's about the best value and compliment you can pay, IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X