Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Explains: I Don't Think Joshua's Legacy Can Be Compared To Mine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Explains: I Don't Think Joshua's Legacy Can Be Compared To Mine

Former WBA and IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch has told William Hill's podcast, Up Front with Simon Jordan, that Anthony Joshua's boxing legacy is not even comparable to his own, and that Joshua didn't listen to legendary trainer Rob McCracken before his first fight with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not that I think Froch is an all time great or anything, but the man has a few points. Pascal did a hell of a lot after Carl...His loss to Ward was just to a better guy, but it wasnt as inept as Aj usyk. Groves was viewed as the best super middle for a hot minute after froch.

Aj just doesnt compare...and I dont hate aj lol dont love him either, but he has a spot in hw relevance at the moment
    F l i c k e r F l i c k e r likes this.

Comment

Froch loves blowing his own trumpet but he’s not wrong. He had a far better career than AJ. Much better fighter too.

AJ has had a bigger cultural impact on UK boxing though. Froch had a big impact too, him and Groves created massive buzz for the rematch but AJ definitely brought a lot of new eyes to the sport.

Comment

I like both AJ and Froch but I would agree Froch has the better body of work. However, it isn't a massive gap.

Joshua tends to get over or underrated within the boxing community. Joshua is the second most successful British heavyweight in terms of wins in world title fights; he's done a great job representing Britain.

Froch is without a doubt a great British fighter and an all time great super middleweight. If Froch beat Ward then this wouldn't even be close but Joshua and Ward both failed in beating there toughest opponent.

Comment

Frock is right: AJ has never had to visit a police station to answer questions about the mysterious slashing of a former associate’s car tires.

Comment

Every time I get pissed off with Froch I just watch Ward vs Froch and my smile returns

Comment

The title seemed ridiculous but when he broke it down... he has a point.

Comment

In terms of opposition there is no comparison , Froch fought unbeaten top rated fighters , Joshua has been hand fed untested , old or past their best fighters and continues to do so.Hearn knew that night when Whyte wobbled him that the writing was on the wall , we all did ! but must he be commended for the money he earned himself and Joshua . Joshua is by far the richest fighter ever to have fought such weak opposition.

Comment

Figters with real legacies leave comparisons to others. Once you lose every minute of every round in a title fight - can you say SOG? - you try to build yourself up

Comment

Josh didn't run and spar? That don't sound like josh?
                    Once Josh beats wilder and fury he will be ok legacy wise. Might not beat fury but he will do ok

Comment

Working...
                    X