Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence On Crawford Clash: "Hopefully I Don't Break His Face Too Bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post
    Pretty ****** how Crawford fans are giving Spence no chance in this fight when that’s the whole premise this fight is built on being a 50/50 or close to but Crawford fans have always been a little delusional. I think Spence takes this but it’s a true 50/50 imo.
    It's even dumber how you are trying to make it seem like it's only Crawford fans with that type of confidence in their fighter. I've see Spence fans claim Crawford will be washed early in the fight.......

We boxing fans understand the magnitude of this match up. There's a reason why both are in the position they are in. This fight is going to come down to who can make adjustments and capitalize on the mistakes of the other. I don't think it goes the distance like some believe though.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8.2.Da.Point View Post

It's even dumber how you are trying to make it seem like it's only Crawford fans with that type of confidence in their fighter. I've see Spence fans claim Crawford will be washed early in the fight.......

We boxing fans understand the magnitude of this match up. There's a reason why both are in the position they are in. This fight is going to come down to who can make adjustments and capitalize on the mistakes of the other. I don't think it goes the distance like some believe though.
      I have not seen many of them posts saying Spence is gonna wash Crawford not in the same way Crawford is gonna embarrass and beat the living **** out of Spence knocking him spark out there is confidence then there is delusion.

It's not even just in this fight Crawford fans have always gone over the top with him claiming him p4p #1 for years over the likes of Usyk it's just a bit silly and i don't understand why people feel that way Crawford is a great fighter but some of his fans go on as if he can't be touched.

Comment

I think crawford tampered gloves can easily break spence face but if spence PEDS can withstand those tampered gloves he would get punish and spence would probably knock him out.

Comment

I have not seen many of them posts saying Spence is gonna wash Crawford not in the same way Crawford is gonna embarrass and beat the living **** out of Spence knocking him spark out there is confidence then there is delusion.

It's not even just in this fight Crawford fans have always gone over the top with him claiming him p4p #1 for years over the likes of Usyk it's just a bit silly and i don't understand why people feel that way Crawford is a great fighter but some of his fans go on as if he can't be touched.
          You don't see it from Spence fans because you are a Spence fan and won't fault your own community. I have see the extreme from both fan bases. Each like to point the finger at the other as if they aren't doing the exact same thing for their man. Both of these guys deserve the utmost respect and praise, but it seems like each of their fan base feel the only way to accomplish that is to belittle and discredit the other fighter. It's corny and irritating.

You are showing your bias even in your response to me.... First of all it's not the Crawford fan base who were "claiming him p4p #1"....it was the governing bodies who were ranking him so high due to his accomplishments. Crawford is a 6x world champ. 2x Lineal champ. 2x Fighter of the Year. ESPY Award Winner. Former Undisputed...... He is the most accomplished active fighter not named Canelo. You are complaining about him being ranked above Usyk? Really? What great can you name on Usyk's resume beyond Anthony Joshua? He beat quite a few journeymen.

No Crawford doesn't have the "***y names" up and down his resume, but he's beaten some well accomplished opponents. Gamboa was top 5 p4p and undefeated when Crawford fought him. Viktor Postol was the #2 jr welterweight and a damn good opponent. He along with Crawford were a big reason Danny Garcia chose to go up to 147lbs. Crawford has been belittle and discredited by the American boxing fans because most of them are actually Man Fans....they only follow specific boxers and believe that because they recognize the boxer then he is better than the boxer they don't recognize. Spence is talented and there's a reason why he is in the position he's in....but most are saying he has a better resume than Crawford because he fought Porter, Danny, Ugas, Mikey.......None of those guys are elite or any better than Benavidez, Kavaliauskas, or Avaneysan.... Each of the guys I mentioned wer all ranked in the top 6 of the division, with the exception of Mikey who was competing at 135lbs when he came up to face Spence. Yet Crawford gets ridiculed because he fought foreign fighters who wanted title shots. Then when Crawford fought Porter/Brook and stopped them, all the excuses as to why he was able to dominate them started pouring out. "Brook was broken"....."Porter was planning on retiring anyway".......even though Brook himself stated he was in better shape going into the Crawford fight than he was fighting Spence. Even though Porter was on his podcast discussing his future in boxing with rematches vs Spence/Danny/Thurman and possibly moving up. But that's ignored for the sake of an agenda.

As a boxing fan, I find myself defending Spence to Crawford fans and they call me a Crawford hater..... I defend Crawford to Spence fans and they call me a Spence hater.... The situations are the exact same. Only people claiming they are not is individuals who are fans of one or the other fighter. Finger pointing is always easier than accountability and facing the reality that one is a Man Fan and not an actual boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8.2.Da.Point View Post

You don't see it from Spence fans because you are a Spence fan and won't fault your own community. I have see the extreme from both fan bases. Each like to point the finger at the other as if they aren't doing the exact same thing for their man. Both of these guys deserve the utmost respect and praise, but it seems like each of their fan base feel the only way to accomplish that is to belittle and discredit the other fighter. It's corny and irritating.

You are showing your bias even in your response to me.... First of all it's not the Crawford fan base who were "claiming him p4p #1"....it was the governing bodies who were ranking him so high due to his accomplishments. Crawford is a 6x world champ. 2x Lineal champ. 2x Fighter of the Year. ESPY Award Winner. Former Undisputed...... He is the most accomplished active fighter not named Canelo. You are complaining about him being ranked above Usyk? Really? What great can you name on Usyk's resume beyond Anthony Joshua? He beat quite a few journeymen.

No Crawford doesn't have the "***y names" up and down his resume, but he's beaten some well accomplished opponents. Gamboa was top 5 p4p and undefeated when Crawford fought him. Viktor Postol was the #2 jr welterweight and a damn good opponent. He along with Crawford were a big reason Danny Garcia chose to go up to 147lbs. Crawford has been belittle and discredited by the American boxing fans because most of them are actually Man Fans....they only follow specific boxers and believe that because they recognize the boxer then he is better than the boxer they don't recognize. Spence is talented and there's a reason why he is in the position he's in....but most are saying he has a better resume than Crawford because he fought Porter, Danny, Ugas, Mikey.......None of those guys are elite or any better than Benavidez, Kavaliauskas, or Avaneysan.... Each of the guys I mentioned wer all ranked in the top 6 of the division, with the exception of Mikey who was competing at 135lbs when he came up to face Spence. Yet Crawford gets ridiculed because he fought foreign fighters who wanted title shots. Then when Crawford fought Porter/Brook and stopped them, all the excuses as to why he was able to dominate them started pouring out. "Brook was broken"....."Porter was planning on retiring anyway".......even though Brook himself stated he was in better shape going into the Crawford fight than he was fighting Spence. Even though Porter was on his podcast discussing his future in boxing with rematches vs Spence/Danny/Thurman and possibly moving up. But that's ignored for the sake of an agenda.

As a boxing fan, I find myself defending Spence to Crawford fans and they call me a Crawford hater..... I defend Crawford to Spence fans and they call me a Spence hater.... The situations are the exact same. Only people claiming they are not is individuals who are fans of one or the other fighter. Finger pointing is always easier than accountability and facing the reality that one is a Man Fan and not an actual boxing fan.
            I'm not a "fan" of either of them truth be told they are both very good fighters but i haven't gone out of my way to watch their fights or follow their careers i have seen about 3 fights from both of them (also career highlight compilations) and i have never brought up Spence before if you feel the need to check my post history, Just from what i have seen Crawford is a slow starter and doesn't like pressure too much where as Spence is a relentless pressure fighter on a better level than Porter who was giving Crawford trouble.

I just don't see this mythical p4p #1 fighter in Crawford his fans talk about he can very well prove me wrong but we will have to see, the fact Crawford fans feel so strongly when somebody dares to pick against their fighter proves how delusional they are, people are allowed opinions other than yours.

Show me these posts of people saying Spence is going to annihilate Crawford with ease because i haven't seen them then go through the prediction threads and see how many people are offended if you dare pick Spence.
            Last edited by Kzbox; 06-29-2023, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I'm not a "fan" of either of them truth be told they are both very good fighters but i haven't gone out of my way to watch their fights or follow their careers i have seen about 3 fights from both of them (also career highlight compilations) and i have never brought up Spence before if you feel the need to check my post history, Just from what i have seen Crawford is a slow starter and doesn't like pressure too much where as Spence is a relentless pressure fighter on a better level than Porter who was giving Crawford trouble.

I just don't see this mythical p4p #1 fighter in Crawford his fans talk about he can very well prove me wrong but we will have to see, the fact Crawford fans feel so strongly when somebody dares to pick against their fighter proves how delusional they are, people are allowed opinions other than yours.

Show me these posts of people saying Spence is going to annihilate Crawford with ease because i haven't seen them then go through the prediction threads and see how many people are offended if you dare pick Spence.
              Well, if you are relying on 3 fights from each and compilation videos as a resource to make a pick... You aren't going to see a "mythical p4p #1 fighter" in anyone if they've fought 30/40 fights and you've only paid attention to 3 of them. Compilation videos are nothing more than highlights created with a certain intention of what ever the maker of the video is trying to highlight or push.....

I've followed both fighters since their amateur careers. I think it's laughable for someone to suggest that Crawford "doesn't like pressure too much" as if that is a weakness. He's a great counter puncher. Pressure is what he prefers as it allows him to get in rhythm before he goes on attack..... This notion that he's a "slow starter" is the cliche because he doesn't come out throwing heavy shots until he's well in timing. But anyone who thinks he's not dangerous in the first half of the fight are only those who have never been in the ring with him. Individuals like Amir Khan, Kell Brook, Shawn Porter, Viktor Postol, etc...found out early that Crawford's "slow starter" label isn't the most accurate to state about what he's doing in the ring.

Crawford is simply a kid who came out of a small city in the middle of the country and built his career by beating guys many claim were going to "expose" him. He didn't come from a pedigree of great fighters or have a platform/red carpet type entry to his pro career like Spence and others who came from the Olympic circuit. He got introduced to the world when Tim Bradley brought him in to spar while preparing for (I believe it was) Devon Alexander and Tim said he got the best of him so much that he told Crawford that "he's not a sparring partner" and Tim Bradley contacted his reps to make sure Top Rank gave him a look. Crawford was a lighweight then beating out on a 2x jr welterweight world champion. And Crawford showed up without a coach, so the adjustments he made through the camp were from his own IQ. Crawford's p4p status was EARN through him climbing the ranks and beating who were then the best in the divisions. Ricky Burns, Gamboa, Beltran, Dulorme, Postol, Indongo, Felix Diaz, etc.... These were all either champions or the #1/2 in the division (135/140) when Crawford fought them. Some were undefeated coming into the fight. You don't win a Lineal title off hype.... I don't give a damn how much your fan base supports you. Crawford won a Lineal title in 2 different divisions. Held all 4 major belts at 140 and decided to move up to welter to challenge the champions and the only one that accepted the challenge without hiding behind politics was Jeff Horn who was coming off of winning a decision vs Manny Pacquiao.

Again, trying to make it seem like Crawford's fans are the only delusional fan base in this scenario is laughable. I'm not going to point out Spence fans making the same type of predictions for their fighter, because if you don't see it, you aren't looking for it. And I don't stalk people's posts. It's not that big a deal for me. I simply respond to whoever is conversing with me. I you must see the Spence fan vs Crawford fan in it's full strength.....you can go to a website called YouTube.....you'll see Channel's supporting either fighter and they are each saying the same thing about their fighter and discrediting the other. Their fan bases have been at each other's necks since Crawford entered the division in 2018 and began calling for the fight.

Their fans want this fight for the bragging rights over the other. Boxing fans want this fight because you have 2 of the most talented in the sport fighting in their primes for everything that matters in one division. Both these guys deserve their clout. Yes Crawford fans get a bit delusional on their predictions, but who's fan base doesn't. From Spence, to Canelo, to Floyd, etc...... all of them see their fighter as a supreme being over the others....

Comment

Working...
              X