Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: I Deserved The Win, Zorrilla Ran Around The Whole Time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roj View Post

Hearn should be fuming right now. This is the second straight week that one of his new fighters (Caterall and Sunny Edwards last week, Prograis on Saturday) under delivers and puts on a boring performance after Hearn had spent weeks hyping them up in hopes of stirring up interest for bigger future fights. If Hearn can’t pull off the Canelo-Bivol rematch and Saudi Arabia doesn’t come through with the bags of money for AJ-Wilder, this may be a rough year for him.
    Agreed. Hearn seems to be highest paying career killing match maker in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
      I hope that I never see Zorilla in a ring again , I hate that type of negative style. Sorry dude , but you can't win a fight without actually fighting. Regis was horrible too . They both deservef to lose but at least Regis was trying to fight.
      The ladies fight was the only good fight of the night. Is it just me , or is Ms.Guzman kind of sexy with that little heart tattoo by her eye ? I normally don't like tattoos on a woman but I like hers. That left hook had Ramla Ali in a dream world.
      Tim Tszyu just might beat Jermell Charlo. I'm starting to lean that way. In fact , I'm going to go ahead and pick him now. I really like that mentality of his , a busy fighter is a sharp fighter.
      Agreed, great take on it all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Thanks Eddie Hearn…
        Eddie doesn't have a stable because he's the worst matchmaker in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post

Hearn should be fuming right now. This is the second straight week that one of his new fighters (Caterall and Sunny Edwards last week, Prograis on Saturday) under delivers and puts on a boring performance after Hearn had spent weeks hyping them up in hopes of stirring up interest for bigger future fights. If Hearn can’t pull off the Canelo-Bivol rematch and Saudi Arabia doesn’t come through with the bags of money for AJ-Wilder, this may be a rough year for him.
          He makes the wrong wagers. He just doesn’t get the right people. He spends too much of his budget on Canelo and Joshua which leaves the rest of the promotion a shambles. Prograis is a solid fighter but he is not p4p material nor is he someone who electrifies the public. I suspect all of prograis’s fights will be under inspiring due to the level of opposition

Comment

Prograis looked like sh_t and is very limited! I mean who fights 12 rds and can’t say they landed 50 punches in the whole dammmm fight! I like Haney by decision easy if not hurt, his dad was there licking his chops 2.

Comment

Win today, look good tomorrow! I wouldn't judge Prograis by this fight alone. Styles make fights! Some guys are hard to look good against!

Comment

I don't have an issue with how Zorrilla fought because it was affective. The aim of boxing is to win and the style put him in a position to win by taking advantages of Prograis' weaknesses.

Prograis looked horrendous but it was due to the style matchup. Let's not forget how good Prograis looked against Zepeda, Taylor, and Flanagan. Prograis is an excellent fighter, this fight isn't reflective of his overall talent. However, it does expose weaknesses, which have been evident previously.

Boxing fan's are too reactionary and look for thing's to blame when there expectations aren't meet. I thought the fight was going to be entertaining, I was wrong but that's not on Prograis, Hearn, or Zorrilla.

Comment

That was a very flat performance by Prograis. His timing was totally off and he kept on jabbing short.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Why do you value jabs to the head more than body shots?
                    image?id=46201413961_image-header_pUs_1592217794000&quality=70.jpg

Does that look like a jab to you? Lara's power punches landed at 37% (anything other than a jab). Also why does Canelo's right eye have a swelling around it? It would not have come from jabs - only from Lara's southpaw backhand which was repeatedly hitting the target.

Comment

one short post fight interview in the ring, boxingnews makes 10 headlines lol

Comment

Working...
                      X