Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Teofimo Lopez Mania, Spence vs. Crawford, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not putting my knowledge up against Bread's but there is no way, to me, that Tank should feature in a 'most talented' list because he isn't that talented! He doesn't have very fast hands or feet or incredible natural power. Tank's strength is his elite level boxing IQ. Tank sets traps for MoFos & when they fall into them he explodes. He gets KOs not from straight power but because he tricks a guy into putting his head exactly where Tank wants it to be, then he detonates. I have enormous respect for Tank, as I did for Lennox & B-Hop, as a really deep thinker in the ring, but I don't think any of them were what I'd call naturally uber-talented. To me, uber-talented is like RJJ, Prince Naz, Bud Crawford, Tyson Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
      I'm not putting my knowledge up against Bread's but there is no way, to me, that Tank should feature in a 'most talented' list because he isn't that talented! He doesn't have very fast hands or feet or incredible natural power. Tank's strength is his elite level boxing IQ. Tank sets traps for MoFos & when they fall into them he explodes. He gets KOs not from straight power but because he tricks a guy into putting his head exactly where Tank wants it to be, then he detonates. I have enormous respect for Tank, as I did for Lennox & B-Hop, as a really deep thinker in the ring, but I don't think any of them were what I'd call naturally uber-talented. To me, uber-talented is like RJJ, Prince Naz, Bud Crawford, Tyson Fury.
      You could say that is part of his talent though. Combine that boxing IQ and instincts with his athleticism and overall that's one very talented fighter.
      Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

I thought Bread was differentiating between skills, which anyone can work on & improve & talent, which is natural (you'd say god-given if you believe in a god, which I don't). So to me, having very fast hands, feet, super-human reflexes are what mother nature gave you. Mother nature never gave Tank the ability to set traps in the ring or, say, Shane Warne, the ability to set traps on the field. That is about having a high IQ in your sport. Interestingly, Gervonta is & Shane was often dismissed by 'haters' as having quite a low IQ because they're guys from street level without charm or refinement.

Comment

The **** eating because of 1 prediction, Taylor was not even a big favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
            The **** eating because of 1 prediction, Taylor was not even a big favourite.
            Literally every expert in Ring's picked Taylor.

Virtually nobody picked Teo but Bread & Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Literally every expert in Ring's picked Taylor.

Virtually nobody picked Teo but Bread & Atlas.
              You mean people who are known online? I know plenty of fans who gave Teo a great chance.
              PanchoGomez Rayzah likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post

You mean people who are known online? I know plenty of fans who gave Teo a great chance.
                I'm talking about experts.

Trainers, fighters, and journalists.

They ALL picked Taylor

Comment

Working...
                X