Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cruel Summer: Derevyanchenko's Hard Luck Continues In Loss To Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cruel Summer: Derevyanchenko's Hard Luck Continues In Loss To Munguia

By Corey Erdman - It's hard not to root for Sergey Derevyanchenko. Although the sport of boxing is a business--it's prizefighting, after all--there is an idyllic world observers can slip into from time to time in which fighters are fighting only for causes bigger than themselves, often the nebulous "legacy," even if it's at the expense of financial gain. In this world, fighters take only the toughest challenges possible, unconcerned with adding losses to their record because the act of challenging themselves and entertaining the fans is more important.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He sure was revved up for this one

Comment

DAZN has the absolute worst play by play team.. it’s horrendous..

Jim Lampley, Paulie Malinaggi, Roy Jones, and Antonio Tarver are all available..

WTF are they being cheap skates for at DAZN

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post

Jim Lampley, Paulie Malinaggi, Roy Jones, and Antonio Tarver are all available..

Because DAZN is going broke paying GBP fighters huge purses to fight inferior competition.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Oba Carr, now there is a name I have not heard in a long time....

Having only seen the highlights, I have no opinion on the fight itself. I like Munguia more than most, so I am pleased by the gutting out a win aspect for him. But Sergey Derevyanchenk kind of feels like the MW version of Derrick Chisora: Fought almost everyone of value in his generation, and found a way to come up short against them all. But even if the results are lacking, you HAVE to respect the resume as very few of his peers are even close.

Comment

I am absolutely with you.

Comment

DAZN doesn't make any money, they rely on handouts from a Russian billionaire.

Comment

As much as I was going for Derevy the knockdown cost him the fight. Munguia for his credit did wins some rounds with the jab surprising enough. Derevy not only took shots but spent a lot of energy trying to KO Munguia when he had him hurt, at the end of the fight he was exhausted. Munguia was physically bigger but had no answer when Derevy was boxing. A rematch where Derevy paces himself better would get him the victory.

Comment

Boxing better do something about the judges. I said before the fight that if it went to a decision, Derevyanchenko would lose. Judges reliably tilt for whichever side is perceived as the money side, or the "A" side.

Comment

The fake celebration by De La Hoya and crew was hilarious. Absolute corruption. Draw at best for Munguia.

Comment

Working...
                    X