Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Gotti III Ends in Ugly Brawl Between Fighters and Camps, Near Riot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

And I don’t fault you for it. But when I look at Floyd’s body I think there’s just no way he’d come back to fight someone with a killer mentality like Spence or, in my humble opinion, a fiercer guy in Crawford.

I would be absolutely elated watching the media lose its collective mind if Floyd came back after a trilogy and outpointed Crawford for all the belts straight off of a 7-8 year retirement. Max Kellerman, Roy Jones, Shawn Porter and Stephen A. Smith would all lose their ****……..

But in the immortal words of Ray Leonard trolling Hagler, “Unfortunately, it’ll never happen.”
    Hypothetically, IF Floyd did came back, and outpointed either Crawford or Spence, would he be the unequivocal G.O.AT? Surely, the debate would only be between him and Ali, and Ali lost quite a few fights compared to Floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post

Hypothetically, IF Floyd did came back, and outpointed either Crawford or Spence, would he be the unequivocal G.O.AT? Surely, the debate would only be between him and Ali, and Ali lost quite a few fights compared to Floyd...
      That would be up there with Leonard coming back to fight Hagler after 4 years or Foreman coming out of retirement after 15+ years to win the heavyweight. I don’t think we’ll ever see something like that in our lifetime
      TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

That would be up there with Leonard coming back to fight Hagler after 4 years or Foreman coming out of retirement after 15+ years to win the heavyweight. I dont think well ever see something like that in our lifetime
        It would be bigger than Leonard and probably bigger than Foreman as he would have beaten a champion who was in the pound for pound debate. Hagler was obviously fading and Leonard only took 4 years off. Foreman beat a mediocre undersized guy who was the lineal champion.
        TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

That would be up there with Leonard coming back to fight Hagler after 4 years or Foreman coming out of retirement after 15+ years to win the heavyweight. I dont think well ever see something like that in our lifetime
          How so when Hagler and Ray were 32 and 30, Floyd is 45. at the ages they were Floyd would beat both TC and Errol in the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

How so when Hagler and Ray were 32 and 30, Floyd is 45. at the ages they were Floyd would beat both TC and Errol in the same year.
            He'd beat them both most. Not in the same year...but sure. Maybe spaced out over a couple years...

Comment

Working...
            X