Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Gotti III Ends in Ugly Brawl Between Fighters and Camps, Near Riot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TintaBoricua
    replied
    Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

How so when Hagler and Ray were 32 and 30, Floyd is 45. at the ages they were Floyd would beat both TC and Errol in the same year.
    He'd beat them both most. Not in the same year...but sure. Maybe spaced out over a couple years...

Leave a comment:

• Roadblock
    replied
    Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

That would be up there with Leonard coming back to fight Hagler after 4 years or Foreman coming out of retirement after 15+ years to win the heavyweight. I donât think weâll ever see something like that in our lifetime
    How so when Hagler and Ray were 32 and 30, Floyd is 45. at the ages they were Floyd would beat both TC and Errol in the same year.

Leave a comment:

• low blows
    replied

That would be up there with Leonard coming back to fight Hagler after 4 years or Foreman coming out of retirement after 15+ years to win the heavyweight. I donât think weâll ever see something like that in our lifetime
    It would be bigger than Leonard and probably bigger than Foreman as he would have beaten a champion who was in the pound for pound debate. Hagler was obviously fading and Leonard only took 4 years off. Foreman beat a mediocre undersized guy who was the lineal champion.
    TreD TreD likes this.

Leave a comment:

• TintaBoricua
    replied
    Originally posted by TreD View Post

Hypothetically, IF Floyd did came back, and outpointed either Crawford or Spence, would he be the unequivocal G.O.AT? Surely, the debate would only be between him and Ali, and Ali lost quite a few fights compared to Floyd...
    That would be up there with Leonard coming back to fight Hagler after 4 years or Foreman coming out of retirement after 15+ years to win the heavyweight. I don’t think we’ll ever see something like that in our lifetime
    TreD TreD likes this.

Leave a comment:

• TreD
    replied

And I don’t fault you for it. But when I look at Floyd’s body I think there’s just no way he’d come back to fight someone with a killer mentality like Spence or, in my humble opinion, a fiercer guy in Crawford.

I would be absolutely elated watching the media lose its collective mind if Floyd came back after a trilogy and outpointed Crawford for all the belts straight off of a 7-8 year retirement. Max Kellerman, Roy Jones, Shawn Porter and Stephen A. Smith would all lose their ****……..

But in the immortal words of Ray Leonard trolling Hagler, “Unfortunately, it’ll never happen.”
    Hypothetically, IF Floyd did came back, and outpointed either Crawford or Spence, would he be the unequivocal G.O.AT? Surely, the debate would only be between him and Ali, and Ali lost quite a few fights compared to Floyd...

Leave a comment:

• TintaBoricua
    replied

Thanks for the kind response. It was an idea; idk why everyone is calling me an amateur. Floyd is not dumb. He knows there is a rematch clause for Spence and Crawford, and if both win one fight, there will be a third fight.

Neither Spence, nor Crawford will be the same after this battle, just as Gatti was not the same after the trilogy with Ward. And, guess what? Floyd fought, and destroyed Gatti 3 years after the trilogy.

Now, I know Floyd has been retired for seven, eight years. But he's brilliant in the ring, and would have motivation to train to face the best welterweight in the world.

​​​​​​I'm just saying: It's an idea..
    And I don’t fault you for it. But when I look at Floyd’s body I think there’s just no way he’d come back to fight someone with a killer mentality like Spence or, in my humble opinion, a fiercer guy in Crawford.

I would be absolutely elated watching the media lose its collective mind if Floyd came back after a trilogy and outpointed Crawford for all the belts straight off of a 7-8 year retirement. Max Kellerman, Roy Jones, Shawn Porter and Stephen A. Smith would all lose their ****……..

But in the immortal words of Ray Leonard trolling Hagler, “Unfortunately, it’ll never happen.”
    TreD TreD likes this.

Leave a comment:

• TreD
    replied

As much as I would love to see that, that is something only someone who recently started watching boxing would believe. Mayweather's keeping his profile visible out there with the exhibitions still making more money than perhaps the 50-75% of the boxers today. You can't look at this like he's an old wise sensei that would overcome whatever brashness the young guns have. It doesn't work that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Floyd that trained and took boxing seriously came to an end after the Pacquiao win. I'm sure the pressure was enormous so he worked his butt off. But after that, I actually legitimately believe ever since he hasn't had to train seriously for any single fight. Not Berto, not McGregor, and certainly not any of these dozen or so exhibitions he's put out on a minor scale.

It would be one of the greatest things to witness if he actually came back and beat the winner of Spence-Crawford, but I'd bet my house that'll never come to pass. And quite frankly, he doesn't have to. Certainly not after 8 years of not fighting an actual full fledged boxer. The body is soft. Floyd knows that as long as he has that '0', he will have an open door for future promotions, TV spots, interviews, and whatnot.
    Thanks for the kind response. It was an idea; idk why everyone is calling me an amateur. Floyd is not dumb. He knows there is a rematch clause for Spence and Crawford, and if both win one fight, there will be a third fight.

Neither Spence, nor Crawford will be the same after this battle, just as Gatti was not the same after the trilogy with Ward. And, guess what? Floyd fought, and destroyed Gatti 3 years after the trilogy.

Now, I know Floyd has been retired for seven, eight years. But he's brilliant in the ring, and would have motivation to train to face the best welterweight in the world.

​​​​​​I'm just saying: It's an idea..

Leave a comment:

• TintaBoricua
    replied
    What if Floyd is doing these exhibitions to stay active so he can face the winner of Spence vs Crawford?.. crazy thought, I know.. but..
    As much as I would love to see that, that is something only someone who recently started watching boxing would believe. Mayweather's keeping his profile visible out there with the exhibitions still making more money than perhaps the 50-75% of the boxers today. You can't look at this like he's an old wise sensei that would overcome whatever brashness the young guns have. It doesn't work that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Floyd that trained and took boxing seriously came to an end after the Pacquiao win. I'm sure the pressure was enormous so he worked his butt off. But after that, I actually legitimately believe ever since he hasn't had to train seriously for any single fight. Not Berto, not McGregor, and certainly not any of these dozen or so exhibitions he's put out on a minor scale.

It would be one of the greatest things to witness if he actually came back and beat the winner of Spence-Crawford, but I'd bet my house that'll never come to pass. And quite frankly, he doesn't have to. Certainly not after 8 years of not fighting an actual full fledged boxer. The body is soft. Floyd knows that as long as he has that '0', he will have an open door for future promotions, TV spots, interviews, and whatnot.
    TreD TreD likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Offensive Wizardry
    replied
    Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post

A - who cares if he is or isn't?
    B - that's his business
    C - mind yours peasant!

LoL!
    A- who cares if someone cares or doesnt care? what's it to you?
    B- who said it wasnt his business? if you shove to the public's face how rich you are, about how you are a billionaire yet you over here demeaning yourself in this matches, then he's not really a billionaire is he?
    C-you floyd's accountant? or just his online public defender? if you dont want to see people in other people's business then LOG OFF and never post on a message forum.

Leave a comment:

• Offensive Wizardry
    replied
    Originally posted by low blows View Post

Floyd isn't anything close to a billionaire and is probably living close to pay stub to pay stub as it was rumored he has to take his McGregor purse and pay off the back taxes from the previous Manny fight with that fight.

There is no way he wants to take blows for basically free if he was worth 100's of millions to a billionaire at 45+.

I just hope this act is waning thin and the boxing public has had enough of this clown show, but this is boxing the public has always shown to be the proverbial PT. Barnum sucker.
    i dont understand why floyd and manny just dont fight again. smh... floyd has had how many fights since his last fake retirement, jesus why not just fight an actual boxer and make actual money so we dont have to see either of these legends degrade themselves like this...

smh...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X