Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: Not Sure What Charlo's Plan is Moving Forward, But I'm Ready To Face Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Munguia: Not Sure What Charlo's Plan is Moving Forward, But I'm Ready To Face Him

By Corey Erdman - In May of 2018, Gennadiy Golovkin was in search of a new opponent after Canelo Alvarez was suspended for testing positive for a banned substance. As one of the most coveted fights in the sport at the time, fighters in the neighborhood of 160 pounds lined up for the opportunity, having their attorneys and press agents issue releases confirming their readiness and interest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why does every story about Munguia begin with the tale of him not fighting Golovkin? If he had of fought Golovkin back then he would have gotten his hole punched in. Its irrelevant to where hes at now...which lets face it...isnt far from where he was then.

Comment

Well Munguia it's about damn time, that your ready to fight Charlo! That said it should be a damn good fight, any fight that you're in is guaranteed fireworks.

Comment

Why does he not get better fights? Is it low reward high risk? Is it the promotional system? I am happy about his upcoming fight because D can fight well and it will be a good test. You would think Munguia would be marketable due to his style and you would think he would have had better opponents as of late.

Comment

Mungia smokes Charlo like he did Liam Smith..

Charlo won’t take that risk

Comment

Charlo hasn't fought in 20 years and will still smoke this high profile hype job

Comment

"One complicating factor seems to have been the lack of in-house options for Munguia within the Golden Boy roster. A June 2022 date against PBC’s Jermall Charlo was reported to have been all but agreed upon, until the two sides could not agree upon broadcast rights, with Golden Boy seeking the involvement of its home network DAZN."

Therein lies the problem! This is not Tank vs. KingRy! Oscar would have to bite the bullet, and let PBC run the show! He should've fought Andrade, when he was at MatchRoom, and then DAZN would run things! Now even Andrade is with PBC! I think Munguia vs. Berlanga would be a good one for DAZN! Isn't Bek "the Bully" with GBP? That's another a good one for Munguia!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                Why does every story about Munguia begin with the tale of him not fighting Golovkin? If he had of fought Golovkin back then he would have gotten his hole punched in. Its irrelevant to where hes at now...which lets face it...isnt far from where he was then.
                It shows that he was willing to take on a dangerous opponent. Even if he would have lost.

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                Why does he not get better fights? Is it low reward high risk? Is it the promotional system? I am happy about his upcoming fight because D can fight well and it will be a good test. You would think Munguia would be marketable due to his style and you would think he would have had better opponents as of late.
                It’s the in-house, network bullcrap. A fight with Jermall Charlo seems to have been agreed to but Charlo’s side insisted that DAZN not be involved.
                Pharlapz Pharlapz likes this.

Comment

I say this if all the media darlings here, think Munguia get beat by all the cherry pickers, then why not fight Munguia? He has demanded to fight GGG and Charlo and what happened? One thing is to get beat, another one is to be avoided! He is really a bad boxer with a good name. Charlo easy $$? Then bring it one sucker!

Comment

At this rate Munguia will be a 160 version of Zurdo, inflated record, thin resume.
                    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X