Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rds would Wood last with Lopez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many rds would Wood last with Lopez?

I think we all know shady Hearn will not put wood in with Lopez but if that fight does happen how many rds would wood last with El venado?

It won't be pretty I say Lopez stops him brutally in similar fashion to Conlan.

Hope Lopez gets his respect now cuz too many noobs here actually picked Conlan to beat Lopez. Lol

A little more than Conlan but hed get killed the same. Lara was completely out of it, either he didn’t train at all or was poisoned by the Brits. He was stumbling all over and Wood still barely managed to just do enough. Lopez puts him away.
    Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      A little more than Conlan but hed get killed the same. Lara was completely out of it, either he didn’t train at all or was poisoned by the Brits. He was stumbling all over and Wood still barely managed to just do enough. Lopez puts him away.
      I'm sure the brits will take it anyway they can bit yea a blind man could see Lara had a nice little talk with Hearn before the fight. The guy literally had zero intention of winning.

But yea lopez is the class of the division I would like to see him unify then a Robeisy fight

Comment

One thing i have learnt about Wood....he knows how to impliment a game plan and stick to it. He learnt from the first Lara fight...and regardless of what people are saying about the fight...he was a deserved underdog and he came out on top. As he said before the fight...Lara had nothing to improve on...he did. And in doing so he showed that he cant be counted out because he has courage under fire.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          The same Lara that lost every round in the first fight until Wood ******ly traded hooks with him

Wood beats Lara 9 times of 10 as long as he doesn't get ******

They've boxed 19 rounds and Lara has won 1 or 2.

Lara just isn't very good unless you fight ******ly. And let's not forget he's the one who didn't even try to make weight, so he should have been more refreshed, whereas Wood killed himself to get down to the contracted weight, so if anything Wood was at the disadvantage against the fighter who didn't even bother to try to drain themselves and essentially fought a guy a weight class higher.

Lara is nothing more than a C level fighter with heavy hands. Show him some skill and fight to a plan without being ****** and it becomes evident he's pretty much useless.

Lara will never win another world title unless he gets some easy vacant fight at some point.

I still think Lara would beat Warrington again, it's a good style for him. But Lara could fight Wood again with no excuses and he would get outboxed again and again unless Wood gets ******.
          Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-28-2023, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Probably by round 7-9 knockout, Venado's style is like a mix of Naseem Hamed and Emmanuel Navarrete. Even when Conlan tried to slip any head shots, plenty had landed due to the Lopez's use of angles. It's difficult to prepare to defend since you never know where he will throw.

However he leaves himself open often whenever he throws a looping punch though at least he manages to slip clean shots and has demonstrated to have quite a good chin. Who do you think he will actually fight next?

Last edited by Feroz; 05-28-2023, 04:55 AM.
            kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Wood’s an underrated fighter. That’d be a close fight but I’d favour Lopez by late stoppage.

Comment

I think Wood is massively improved, granted Lara practically took one straight out of the Andy Ruiz playbook.

The kids good, dangerous little bugger who throws from weird angles & a lot of hybrid sort of shots but I literally knew seconds in he was going to brutally stop Conlan as he had a ****** gameplan, Lopez had zero respect for his power and everything he hit Conlan with bothered him.

Tough fight too call he does a lot of things 'wrong' but his perception is the elite of the elite. There are a lot of worrisome flaws I see there though I think he might not get away with against someone with a bit of pop. He does a lot of things well but I feel he is getting away with murder against guys who can't crack an egg.
                Wood definitely has enough pop to command respect

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

The same Lara that lost every round in the first fight until Wood ******ly traded hooks with him

Wood beats Lara 9 times of 10 as long as he doesn't get ******

They've boxed 19 rounds and Lara has won 1 or 2.

Lara just isn't very good unless you fight ******ly. And let's not forget he's the one who didn't even try to make weight, so he should have been more refreshed, whereas Wood killed himself to get down to the contracted weight, so if anything Wood was at the disadvantage against the fighter who didn't even bother to try to drain themselves and essentially fought a guy a weight class higher.

Lara is nothing more than a C level fighter with heavy hands. Show him some skill and fight to a plan without being ****** and it becomes evident he's pretty much useless.

Lara will never win another world title unless he gets some easy vacant fight at some point.

I still think Lara would beat Warrington again, it's a good style for him. But Lara could fight Wood again with no excuses and he would get outboxed again and again unless Wood gets ******.
                  Jesus 9 out of 10? He might have been losing rounds in the first bout but Wood was barely edging them, the punches that Lara was accumulating were no accident nor because Leigh was "boxing dumb", Leigh's was gradually worn down until he leaved himself open until a clean left hook landed.

Even in the rematch where I had Wood winning 9-3, he looked like a frigging raccoon in the press conference.

Wood.jpg

Cong**** to the Brit nonetheless, he made adjustments and put a dominating display, but you're making it seem like most at the division has the same technical level and skillset as Wood. Today just wasn't Mauricio's day and he lost to a world champion.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 05-28-2023, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Jesus 9 out of 10? He might have been losing rounds in the first bout but Wood was barely edging them, the punches that Lara was accumulating were no accident nor because Leigh was "boxing dumb", Leigh's was gradually worn down until he leaved himself open until a clean left hook landed.

Even in the rematch where I had Wood winning 9-3, he looked like a frigging raccoon in the press conference.

Wood.jpg

Cong**** to the Brit nonetheless, he made adjustments and put a dominating display, but you're making it seem like most at the division has the same technical level and skillset as Wood. Today just wasn't Mauricio's day and he lost to a world champion.
                    Wood is a regular champion, it's not even a full world title

Wood is OK, but he lost fights at domestic level and was never seen as much of a good fighter. Hes not some true world class fighter. He used to get knocked out by fighters like Gavin McDonnell.

So that puts into perspective how good your man Lara is. He's a C level fighter with pretty heavy hands. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                    X