Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fenech Upset, Feels Moloney Fight Should Have Been Stopped Earlier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the same corner that Jason robbed Astrolabio the other day, anyway payback time

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
      Fenech Upset, well tell him stop watching boxing and go sit his old aSs down, the kid was still coming forward and trying we can't start stopping fights as soon as a person gets dropped or hurt. I pray he recovers fully but this is a hurt game sport and anything can happen.

Who’s “we?” Have you ever trained a fighter? Ever stepped in the ring yourself? It’s important to give a fighter every chance to win because they sacrifice so much to get there, but Jeff Fenech is right. As great an effort as Jason Malone gave over 11 rounds, he simply was not hurting Nakatani at all and he was running on nothing but fumes and guts going into that last round. He was not going to win and he was very likely to get hurt continuing. His corner is supposed to be able to see that and protect their fighter. That KO was devastating nd unnecessary.
      Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 05-22-2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Fenech was knocked out 3 times the same way.. so he knows the feeling.. azumah, grove and holiday him him with the same overhand... And fenech knows the pain... And he does care... That moloney KO was one of the sickest I've ever seen.. moloney needs to give the game up... No power... No hope in a killers world...

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiebox2019 View Post
          Fenech was knocked out 3 times the same way.. so he knows the feeling.. azumah, grove and holiday him him with the same overhand... And fenech knows the pain... And he does care... That moloney KO was one of the sickest I've ever seen.. moloney needs to give the game up... No power... No hope in a killers world...
          But this is boxing, they stop them too early they stop them to late its a no-win situation, Ive seen worse beatings and they pull it off in the last round such as Chavez Taylor, and others can have winners getting caught ending up dead, its a tough call to pull Andrew out in the 12th, even to say he went the distance is a big thing to a fighter, they gave Andrew a shot that he wanted his whole boxing life and it ended bad for him, but he tried and nobody is wrong here its just boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Who’s “we?” Have you ever trained a fighter? Ever stepped in the ring yourself? It’s important to give a fighter every chance to win because they sacrifice so much to get there, but Jeff Fenech is right. As great an effort as Jason Malone gave over 11 rounds, he simply was not hurting Nakatani at all and he was running on nothing but fumes and guts going into that last round. He was not going to win and he was very likely to get hurt continuing. His corner is supposed to be able to see that and protect their fighter. That KO was devastating nd unnecessary.
            Yes to all that and then some! I not only fought a former champion but trained and also managed a heavyweight who went 27-2 so don’t try and come for me, I’m from Detroit and have seen them all his corner ask him several times and it was his decision and he’s a fighter he’s owed that! If we were to jump the gun every time a fighter gets hurt we would have never had the outcome of Diego Corrales after being dropped a couple times only to win himself by knockout. I have been around this sport for many years and due to the way he was knocked out with one shot instead of an accumulation, I believe he’ll recover and be fine, maybe not fight fine but able to live without issues, hell you are the one act new to this, I have 40+ years experience and I’m only 55 and can still make my fight weight if I chose too.

Comment

I think the ****** line about the Moloney twins both being champs influenced things. But then again, he had zero chance of turning things around, puncher's chance or not. Corner hung him out to dry, possibly for their own aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

Yes to all that and then some! I not only fought a former champion but trained and also managed a heavyweight who went 27-2 so don’t try and come for me, I’m from Detroit and have seen them all his corner ask him several times and it was his decision and he’s a fighter he’s owed that! If we were to jump the gun every time a fighter gets hurt we would have never had the outcome of Diego Corrales after being dropped a couple times only to win himself by knockout. I have been around this sport for many years and due to the way he was knocked out with one shot instead of an accumulation, I believe he’ll recover and be fine, maybe not fight fine but able to live without issues, hell you are the one act new to this, I have 40+ years experience and I’m only 55 and can still make my fight weight if I chose too.
                Ok, but I do wonder if you saw the full fight or just the highlights. I can certainly appreciate the fighter's (and the corner's) desire to continue and try to win a fight given all the sacrifices they make to get to a title fight, but a seasoned corner is supposed to be able to read the situation better than the fighter. Maloney fought an amazing fight and gave an incredible effort, but he had very low prospects to turn the fight around and win in that last round. He took a sustained beating for 11.75 rounds, got dropped twice and was running on pure fumes and heart going into that last round. It was possible for lightning to strike and for Maloney to catch Nakatani with a hail mary shot, but not at all likely. He hadn't hurt Nakatani or even buzzed him once the entire fight. What was more likely was that Maloney was going to take futher unnecessary punishment, go out bravely on his shield and maybe never be the same fighter or person again. To Maloney that risk was no doubt worth the potential glory, but his handlers should be more rational. In my view, they should have stopped it after the 11th round KD and saved him to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
                X