No announcement yet.

People In Mexico Rooting For Mexican-Americans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost Jab View Post
    Mexicans in Mexico tend to have low opinions of Hispanic Americans and Americans of Mexican descent due to a variety of reasons.

Mexican-Americans may be seen as looking down on traditional Mexican culture and not honoring it enough, or even shying away from it.

Generally, Mexicans in Mexico view their border crossing cousins to be increasingly disconnected from the traditional Mexican culture and customs, many of which are dear to the Mexican people.

Mexicans tend to take great pride in their Hispanic heritage, and rightly so.

Many Mexicans still have strong ties to their Spanish-speaking ancestors and have forged strong connections with the countries of their ancestors.

This sentiment is found in many of their celebrations and in the debates of their politics, and it has given Mexico a unique and beautiful culture that many people find truly inspiring.

Meanwhile, Americans of Mexican descent have often done the opposite, looking down upon the Hispanic heritage and any connections to it, instead embracing their Amerindian heritage.

As a result, there is a cultural divide in the peoples of Mexican descent on the northern and southern sides of the border.

Mexicans in Mexico have a low opinion of Hispanic Americans and Americans of Mexican descent.
    These guys claim Spain?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Says the pedo in hiding

your ****** mother made you dumber than her
      Hey that's rude!

-MEGA-
      jaded
      BIGPOPAPUMP

Is this allowed!?

Comment

These guys claim Spain?
        I know many people who are Mexican, originally from Mexico.

These wonderful people are very proud of their Spanish roots, and love to visit Spain on a regular basis.

Spain holds a special place in their hearts, because it is the land of their ancestors, and going there helps to keep their culture alive.

They find it truly exhilarating to explore the country and see firsthand the places where their long-ago relatives lived and worked.

In a way, it almost feels like returning home and gives these people a sense of belonging and connectedness.

Every time they visit, they come away with an even greater appreciation of their ancestry, and it encourages them to share their culture with others.

By opening up about their heritage, they have created a bridge between Spain and Mexico, and have succeeded in preserving the best of both for the generations to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

I agree and same here though as someone who grew up half his life in the United States, I might also be considered a "pocho" by many.

By the way there has been a decline on Mexican fighters as well. Is there a reason why? I am aware there is about eight title holders, but I haven't seen any promising prospects so far.
          Yes there has been a decline in Mexican fighters too. I feel its because of two reasons. One, Mexican boxing especially in the amateurs is very disorganized. Two, boxing in general is on the decline. Mexican fighters today don't compare the previous decades, Mexican Americans, don't compare to the Chicanito Hernandez and Luis Tapias, Black fighters today don't have the same aura as previous decades, Puerto Ricans are almost non-existent anymore which is a shame, even the UK fighters aren't as appealing.

When is comes to the Mexican and Mexican American comparison, I feel that if Mexico had the organization of the US Golden Gloves it might almost be unfair to the rest of the world of the amount of talent we could produce. In Mexico, most boxing trainers don't getting any recognition until they produce a top level pro even if they have success in the amateurs.

And as for the pocho situation. You lived half your life in Mexico, I doubt people view you as a pocho. I only call people pochos when they 100% reject their heritage and want to fully assimilate to other cultures or when I feel they are spreading views that I feel don't represent us and giving us a bad name.
          El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Mexicans in Mexico tend to have low opinions of Hispanic Americans and Americans of Mexican descent due to a variety of reasons.

Mexican-Americans may be seen as looking down on traditional Mexican culture and not honoring it enough, or even shying away from it.

Generally, Mexicans in Mexico view their border crossing cousins to be increasingly disconnected from the traditional Mexican culture and customs, many of which are dear to the Mexican people.

Mexicans tend to take great pride in their Hispanic heritage, and rightly so.

Many Mexicans still have strong ties to their Spanish-speaking ancestors and have forged strong connections with the countries of their ancestors.

This sentiment is found in many of their celebrations and in the debates of their politics, and it has given Mexico a unique and beautiful culture that many people find truly inspiring.

Meanwhile, Americans of Mexican descent have often done the opposite, looking down upon the Hispanic heritage and any connections to it, instead embracing their Amerindian heritage.

As a result, there is a cultural divide in the peoples of Mexican descent on the northern and southern sides of the border.

Mexicans in Mexico have a low opinion of Hispanic Americans and Americans of Mexican descent.
            You got some things right but also some things wrong. Mexicans, from Mexico, have a lot of pride in their Amerindian heritage. Northern States like Nuevo Leon and Chihuahua you could say have more of a "European" influence but Central, Western, and Southern Mexico are way more influenced on Amerindian heritage.

And the "rivalry" between Mexicans and Mexican Americans is very superficial, not extreme. They call us "paisas" in a derogatory fashion and we call them "pochos" in a derogatory fashion. Yet when were are together, whether when they come for "las fiestas" in December in Mexico or we are in the States it is hardly ever any issues.
            Last edited by El Más Loco; 05-09-2023, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Hey that's rude!

-MEGA-
              jaded
              BIGPOPAPUMP

Is this allowed!?
              Worm thinks silencing the truth will save him

everyone knows it’s your pedo itch azz

that’s why you know the mods names

Comment

I know many people who are Mexican, originally from Mexico.

These wonderful people are very proud of their Spanish roots, and love to visit Spain on a regular basis.

Spain holds a special place in their hearts, because it is the land of their ancestors, and going there helps to keep their culture alive.

They find it truly exhilarating to explore the country and see firsthand the places where their long-ago relatives lived and worked.

In a way, it almost feels like returning home and gives these people a sense of belonging and connectedness.

Every time they visit, they come away with an even greater appreciation of their ancestry, and it encourages them to share their culture with others.

By opening up about their heritage, they have created a bridge between Spain and Mexico, and have succeeded in preserving the best of both for the generations to come.
                I didn’t know there’s a Mexican admiration for Spain

books make it seem like “mexicans” were victims of Spain

Comment

Originally posted by El Más Loco View Post

You got some things right but also some things wrong. Mexicans, from Mexico, have a lot of pride in their Amerindian heritage. Northern States like Nuevo Leon and Chihuahua you could say have more of a "European" influence but Central, Western, and Southern Mexico are way more influenced on Amerindian heritage.

And the "rivalry" between Mexicans and Mexican Americans is very superficial, not extreme. They call us "paisas" in a derogatory fashion and we call them "pochos" in a derogatory fashion. Yet when were are together, whether when they come for "las fiestas" in December in Mexico or we are in the States it is hardly ever any issues.
                  Thanks for clarifying; the people I know are definitely northern Mexican (from Tijuana and Monterey) and could pass for Italians or Puerto Ricans; they are more European than anything else.

Comment

I didn’t know there’s a Mexican admiration for Spain

books make it seem like “mexicans” were victims of Spain
                    El Mas Loco clarified this; I think he’s right that it depends on the person and region. The people I know are from a predominantly European-settled area of Mexico and are, according to them, a mixture of Spanish, British, and Amerindian.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying; the people I know are definitely northern Mexican (from Tijuana and Monterey) and could pass for Italians or Puerto Ricans; they are more European than anything else.
                      Yea you could say Monterrey has more "light skinned Mexicans" but to me being lighter skinned doesn't mean you are more "European". There are many Mexicans that can pass off as "white", "mestizo", "mulatto", Arab, and "black". By embracing European culture I thought you meant something else....really its only the langauge through conquest. If you look at cuisine, style of dress, architecture you can clearly see the indigenous influence more than a European influence in many parts of the country.

Tijuana is also a city very different from all of Mexico. Where the USA s considered a melting pot of cultures, Tijuana is a melting pot of all Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                      X