Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury Gunning For Wilder, Joshua: I'm Going To Make a Statement!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    Long term covid issues I believe. Pulled twice from Hunter WBA eliminator.
    I never heard anything about that. Hughie just seems like a sickly individual. I'd put money on it being his gypsy acne.

Comment

A family of bums

Comment

No Hughie you'll be unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

I'm pretty sure Tyson had a falling out with Peter when he stopped training him. Indirectly that probably severed the relationship with him and Hughie.
          Oh I see. But wilder should consider hughie fight if he wants to beat a fury

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

I never heard anything about that. Hughie just seems like a sickly individual. I'd put money on it being his gypsy acne.
            He caught covid in 2021 or something. Twice the WBA eliminator was called. First time postponed until Nov of last year the cancelled all together when Hughie was unable to train due to lingering covid issues. Respiratory problems. NHL hockey players Josh Archibald & John Toews also had long term issues & were out for a long time. So it is not just unhealthy people who have had long term effects. Look at Povetkin in the Whyte rematch. There was a guy who just showed up for the big paycheck & had no business fighting. He looked exhausted just walking to the ring. That fight should have been postponed or called off entirely…

Comment

The punches that Deontay landed on Tyson would send Hughie to Dreamland.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Oh I see. But wilder should consider hughie fight if he wants to beat a fury
                Yeah you're right about that. Hughie is the poor man's Tyson. I wish him the best but he just doesn't seem like world class material.

Comment

Shades of Ali. Nash out

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post

He caught covid in 2021 or something. Twice the WBA eliminator was called. First time postponed until Nov of last year the cancelled all together when Hughie was unable to train due to lingering covid issues. Respiratory problems. NHL hockey players Josh Archibald & John Toews also had long term issues & were out for a long time. So it is not just unhealthy people who have had long term effects. Look at Povetkin in the Whyte rematch. There was a guy who just showed up for the big paycheck & had no business fighting. He looked exhausted just walking to the ring. That fight should have been postponed or called off entirely…
                    I hear what you're saying. Some people definitely respond differently to covid than others but I didn't know that was Hughie's main issue. Povetkin looked totally shot even on his way to the ring. His balance was way off like he was drinking vodka all day. Of course all the PEDs he took over the years can't be good for his overall health.

Comment

Hughie Fury has no power for a heavyweight and has never looked devastating. Joshua and Wilder would smoke him, as would any of the top 15.

Comment

Working...
                      X