Collapse
No announcement yet.

It seems like most Russian boxers get destroyed once they make it near the top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like most Russian boxers get destroyed once they make it near the top

The most recent ones I can think of are Kovalev and Povetkin. Kovalev first got knocked out by Ward, then little Canelo came up in weight and ended Kovalev's career.

Now Kovalev is getting drunk on airplanes and getting arrested.

Povetkin got whooped by Klitschko, then got whooped another couple of times before retiring.

Still they are very good super tough fighters, European style is a little stiff and it generally catches up on them.

Comment

Kovalev was world champ for a while and arguably beat Ward who people think is an ATG in the first fight. I'd hardly call him a failure lol. You dudes be reaching with all kind of bullsh$$ on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
        Still they are very good super tough fighters, European style is a little stiff and it generally catches up on them.
        Yeah maybe that stiff style is ultimately what the top fighters exploit.

Comment

canelo-kovalev.gif

This is probably the best example of an elite fighter exploiting the slow, primitive Russian boxing style

Comment

Originally posted by ProblemChild_JakePaul View Post
            canelo-kovalev.gif

This is probably the best example of an elite fighter exploiting the slow, primitive Russian boxing style
            Post Ward past prime Drunkalev fighting drained on a short camp is a good example?

I can see you're baiting for a response aka 'trolling' though so I ain't gonna waste my time providing all the times high level Russians didn't get destroyed at the top level.

Bivol and Beterbiev might have a few words to say on the matter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Post Ward past prime Drunkalev fighting drained on a short camp is a good example?

I can see you're baiting for a response aka 'trolling' though so I ain't gonna waste my time providing all the times high level Russians didn't get destroyed at the top level.

Yeah this clown trolling. Kov I felt beat Ward in the 1st fight and that SHT racist ref. In the 2nd let Ward tee off on his balls. Even Ward looked over one time and thought he was going to be called for it. The ref. Was like NOPE continue on.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Beat me to it!

All boxers end up getting destroyed if they carry on fighting too long, wherever they come from. Especially if they train on vodka, like Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Beat me to it!

All boxers end up getting destroyed if they carry on fighting too long, wherever they come from. Especially if they train on vodka, like Kovalev.
                  Exactly. Once Beterbiev or Bivol eventually lose I can make a similar thread or add that example to this one. Eventually they all lose.

Comment

Fighters with more sophisticated styles like Floyd Mayweather never lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X