Ryan Garcia GOT EXPOSED. He's The Shawn Mendes of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Garcia GOT EXPOSED. He's The Shawn Mendes of Boxing

Seriously boxing?

Ryan Garcia? That was the guy that was being promoted as the new face of boxing? He looked like he wasnt even good enough to be in one of those ghetto backyard boxing promotions that's all over youtube. I mean really? This guy was suppose to be the next Oscar De La Hoya?????

At least oscar had an extensive amateur career, was an olympian....you can see oscar has some pedigree....then again, i really didnt know much about Garcia's early career but he also had a lot of amateur fights (215) but how could he be so.... incomplete? He has no bag in his game, no slickness, no layers, no dimension....

NO RIGHT HAND WHATSOEVER (he really must be the next oscar).....

He would just bumrush his opponent (in this case a guy who is sporting a 28 win 26 ko record/ration nickname tank, LOL) when he got frustrated, no intelligence or strategy and as soon as he got a taste of a great punch, got knocked down, and he was scared the rest of the fight. He was literally flinching and ducking for cover anytime tank tried to/use his left hand. Its as if Garcia had no experience whatsoever....

It was as if he was some industry plant, who really wasnt a boxer...who got propped up by the industry because he's:

-good looking
    -clean cut image
    -mexican american (pocho)

and of course he was handled by oscar. Its as if he wasnt really a real boxer. His fame off the ring eclipsed what he was actually able to to inside the ring. He wasnt ready at all. Total misplay by oscar to put the kid in with someone like tank. Bob Arum and Bruce Trampler would have never set this fight up. Its quite obvious Garcia is not at that level yet. He really looked like he didnt belong and he had all the physical advantages vs tank.....

Another case in boxing's long history of giving a fighter "too much fame and fortune" before he's actually earned it or accrued enough experience and skill set to be getting paid the way he is getting paid. I believe this was the same problem that ruined fighters like Yuri Gamboa who was driving lamborghinis before beating anybody of note. Same with juan ma lopez. Boxers who never improved their game, never developed properly because they were already "stars" before beating anybody of note. This also happened with Amir Khan so its not just an american thing.....

Boxing is hurting so much when it comes to having mainstream stars that transcend the sport after floyd and manny retired along with the implosion of wilder, joshua, which fury failed to capitalize off that the handlers, networks were desperate to manufacture a "star" and in comes Ryan Garcia.

Starring in Gatorade commercials with dame lillard (probably more overrated than ryan garcia), already making championship level money, got everybody gassing him up with the networks pushing hard to create the next sugar ray, the next oscar.......

its so similar to the push the music industry did in trying to sell shawn mendes as some heartthrob rockstar playboy right down to the fake pr relationship with camilla cabello. People are just not buying it. Sure some fans always fall for the false advertising, but many people knew. He aint it.

Too suspect.

Same with Garcia. Already getting dropped by non great fighters, is tall rangy, explosive, but no right hand, no variety to his game. He looks like an athlete but he's not very athletic. Again, similar to oscar who despite his athletic "body" and speed and power, oscar really wasnt that athletic in the ring. Then the sudden change from a clean cut image role which was the oscar program, to suddenly, he's covered in tattoos? He's talking "hood" in press conferences and weigh ins????

Im not buying it bruh.

And come to find out when i was making this thread, he has a daughter? but we dont know who the mother is despite Ryan Garcia being a rich and famous pro athlete that is active in social media. Reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo's first kid, Ronaldo is suppose to be this true player for real, all the ladies love him, but we dont know who the mother of his child is? Kinda odd for someone of that level of fame no?

Ryan Garcia strikes me as the same.

From his looks,
    His skillset,
    His tattoos,
    How he talks,
    His personal life,

Totally manufactured. Like a lot of these hollywood actors/actresses, and musicians. At least shawn mendes and Taylor swift can sing (i dunno,im assuming) and can play instruments. They are somewhat skilled up.

What's Ryan's skill set?

and that body shot wasnt that devastating. It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy far off from some perfect liver shot. He would have been able to continue if he wanted to but took the easy way out. Tank said it himself in the post fight, that he was looking at ryan, intimidating him, made him quit. The Ryan Garcia stock/product took massive damage not just inside the ring, but off the ring as well.

I dont see how you can market this guy.

He doesnt have the clean cut image anymore (due to tattoos and among other things, see the guy ringside with ryan who looks like his tattoo artist, that's all im gonna say about that. Think JMM and the korean guy in his corner. imma leave it at that) and the im hood antics that came with this fight...

Although if you are a looking for a silver lining,

He doesnt have the undefeated record and all the trappings that go with it. No bona fide good to great fighter in any division from 135lbs and up would ever fear him anymore so maybe that's a good thing when it comes to making fights. He will still have whatever cache/exposure he got from trying to play this "character" and even though he got body shot KO'd, he still shared the ring with tank davis.

So let's hope that along with the undefeated record, the arrogance and conceit is gone, and he actually goes back to basics and become a complete fighter instead of completing another ugly tattoo. I suggest on getting a right hand. Let's just hope this loss doesnt become another HAMED VS MAB. Where the fighter just loses such a big fight and gets embarrassed for the world to see, he never recovers from it mentality and decides to go all obese while causing innocent family men to become paraplegic.

Will Ryan Garcia recover from this?

Physically he will. But mentally?

I think he's got bigger fish to fry. And im not talking about boxing.

I will just leave it at that.

his limitations were badly exposed... he should have been working on his defence instead of his snapchat stories

Comment

who cares he made millions of dollars already. he exposed idiot boxing fans

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        who cares he made millions of dollars already. he exposed idiot boxing fans
        he could have been the next joe calazaghe. only he forgot to wait until his greatest opponents were in their 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
          his limitations were badly exposed... he should have been working on his defence instead of his snapchat stories
          but do you know who/what im talking about?

in regards to the guy in his corner with all the tattoos looking like some hybrid post malone slim jesus?

in regards to JMM and the korean guy in his corner for pac vs jmm2?

Comment

Originally posted by Offensive Wizardry View Post

he could have been the next joe calazaghe. only he forgot to wait until his greatest opponents were in their 40s.

thats the thing you have to admire the most about calzaghe. his patience. he sat there for a decade fighting bum after bum. tank has done that as well good job tank or should i say mini joe

Comment

Hey, I posted a while back that Ryan didn't know how to fight and yeah there you go. GBP cashed Ryan out, that's all this was, it was just a hyped up, fake Instagram fight.

Lomachenko vs Haney is the real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

thats the thing you have to admire the most about calzaghe. his patience. he sat there for a decade fighting bum after bum. tank has done that as well good job tank or should i say mini joe
                ryan cant even settle for being the next sven ottke.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Hey, I posted a while back that Ryan didn't know how to fight and yeah there you go. GBP cashed Ryan out, that's all this was, it was just a hyped up, fake Instagram fight.

Lomachenko vs Haney is the real fight.
                  is oscar running out of cocaine money already?

this was a terrible way to manage a potential cash cow.

terrible matchmaking from oscar!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Offensive Wizardry View Post

is oscar running out of cocaine money already?

this was a terrible way to manage a potential cash cow.

terrible matchmaking from oscar!!!!
                    Can't disagree with that but there's been terrible matchmaking and managing all around.

Comment

Working...
                    X