Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis 'Just Making Sure Everything's Fair' With Rehydration Clause For Garcia Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis 'Just Making Sure Everything's Fair' With Rehydration Clause For Garcia Fight

Gervonta Davis views the rehydration restrictions in their contracts as a way to ensure fairness entering his high-profile fight against rival Ryan Garcia. Davis has drawn criticism from Garcia, his opponent's team and some fans for the contractual clause that prohibits the
    [Click Here To Read More]

if garcia turns out to be a chump and lays an egg in there with a crap performance, i may actually be laughing at him, he agreed to the deal, he reminds me a bit of oscar before pac bouncing on his toes says how light he felt lol, i dont think he will be as bad as that tho

Comment

Tank fought Mario Barrios at the full 140-lb limit for fvck’s sake. We haven’t forgotten.

Ryan is already going to be weakened from having to cut pounds in order to make the 136-lb catch weight. Adding a rehydration clause on top of that is just Gervonta seeking to gain every possible advantage physically come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Tank fought Mario Barrios at the full 140-lb limit for fvck’s sake. We haven’t forgotten.

Ryan is already going to be weakened from having to cut pounds in order to make the 136-lb catch weight. Adding a rehydration clause on top of that is just Gervonta seeking to gain every possible advantage physically come fight night.
        I'm not a fan of the rehydration clauses. If a fighter wants to kill b themselves to fight at a weight they shouldn't be at, then that's on them. But tank is flexing his a-side power, just as Canelo has been doing for years now.
        Zaroku Zaroku Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

Davis already fought at 140 and now he's handicapping his opponent cuz he's scared.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

I'm not a fan of the rehydration clauses. If a fighter wants to kill b themselves to fight at a weight they shouldn't be at, then that's on them. But tank is flexing his a-side power, just as Canelo has been doing for years now.
            Ryan accepted otherwise there would be no fight at all.

But it’s too much bullsh*t from Tank’s side that is going to make it a lesser fight than it should be.

Comment

The A-side has spoken. Cryan never complained when clenelo did it in some of his fights. What a sensitive clown
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Blame your promoter De la ho. Cryan signed the contract tho!!!
                Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  Blame your promoter De la ho. Cryan signed the contract tho!!!
                  Do you care more about seeing a good fight between two fighters at full strength or about seeing Tank “flex his A-side muscle” and compromise his opponent physically?
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-17-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

its ok to say you are scared

Comment

Working...
                    X