Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoshino Disagrees With Stoppage, Downplays Shakur's Power: "I Didn't Feel The Power That Much"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was an early stoppage, he was getting beat but was still trying to win and had all his faculties.
    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

What a load of BS. Stevenson was toying with him, he looked lost in there. Thank God for mercy, it could've got ugly.

Comment

I thought the stoppage was a bit early the first time I watched it but after watching it again, he was getting touched up pretty bad from the 3rd round on with little to no resistance.

Comment

Yoshino was warned twice by the ref to show him something
          Anyway very relevant to the outcome
          Yoshino would never win this fight anyway
          And as taking many shots and many more if the fight was not stopped

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post

Does the ref still count if you do it during the fight?
            Didn't for Newfel Ouatah.

Comment

Bruh.....

Yoshino — who threw more than Stevenson, 332 to 245 overall — landed just 36 of 332 (11 percent) of his total punches, and only 14 percent (34 of 243) of his power.

It was a soft stoppage but we understand.​

Comment

Just watched this, ref should be ashamed of himself - if they just stopped when it was known who would win then we would only have a few fights a year. If i paid for a ticket I'd be looking for a refund from the ref.

Impressive from Stevenson though - great balance.

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post

He took a knee.
                  Why take a knee against a feather-fisted guy with no power?

Comment

Originally posted by MMegatron View Post
                    Just watched this, ref should be ashamed of himself - if they just stopped when it was known who would win then we would only have a few fights a year. If i paid for a ticket I'd be looking for a refund from the ref.

Impressive from Stevenson though - great balance.
                    Not saying Stevie was going to wreck that nobody, but, do we need mismatches to reach those levels ?
                    ''As long as the under dog can throw a punch, and isn't visibly hurt.....''

TBF, the chances of feather fisted Stevie wrecking Yoshy were higher than Yoshy winning.

Comment

He wasn't going to win the fight. What's the point of getting beat on and knocked down more? Hoping for a Hail Mary one shot against Shakur Stevenson? Maybe it was an early stoppage, but he was warned to show something and he didn't. Maybe he should watch Mattice v Cesena to see what an early stoppage looks like.

Comment

Working...
                      X