Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: Ref Shoulda Let It Keep Going; I Wanted To Put Yoshino Down, Finish Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans and pundits can debate whether or not the stoppage was justified, but a fighter is going to want the fight to continue until the fight has come to a satisfying conclusion. I don't think it was a bad stoppage necessarily but it would be hard to argue the fight reached a satisfying conclusion, Yoshino wasn't in imminent danger at the moment of the stoppage, the referee had just seen enough.
    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

It was a convincing KO. Get off his nuts man.
      It was a convincing win, not a convincing ko ya simple ret@rd. You’re getting all emotional over a fighter wanting to win by true ko. Maybe you should focus on golf instead of boxing since the sport is too violent for you, ya pansy. New flash casual who has probably never boxed, all boxers would prefer to get a true ko than a refs stoppage.
      Last edited by Jab jab boom; 04-11-2023, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Ref was right to atop the fight. Yoshino was done and fightin dirty. No need

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Before the fight Yoshino says
          “If Stevenson is looking past me, I’m gonna knock him out”

“I feel my power is a lot more than Shakur, and I have the ability to knock him out with my punches.”
          And lastly, flat out questioned Shakur’s power, especially in a new division

So yeah, what a pos for wanting to get a convincing ko in a combat sport instead of a refs stoppage that the opponent and his corner disputed.

Certain fighters can't win with these lots. It is usually "their opponents losing". Have you not seen the trend on BScene?

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Dude can't win with you lot, can he? Y'all complain that it was a poor stoppage, but when he said he wanted the fight to continue he's now a "pos?"
            They are incredible and not in a good way LOL
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
              Something about shakur I really really dislike. He’s got some AB to him. No denying his talent but I just don’t like him. I’m usually against early stoppages but this was a good stop. Yoshino hadn’t won a round and their was no “Mendoza-fundora” moment for him coming he was taking a systematic beatdown the kind that are dangerous. Any fighter should appreciate a ref doing that. Great job by Higgins.
              He's unbeaten and a threat to the fighters you like. There. I answered it for you.

He's nothing like Broner.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 04-11-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Dude can't win with you lot, can he? Y'all complain that it was a poor stoppage, but when he said he wanted the fight to continue he's now a "pos?"
                I never said it wasn't convincing. Amazing boxer, but a pos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  It was a convincing win, not a convincing ko ya simple ret@rd. You’re getting all emotional over a fighter wanting to win by true ko. Maybe you should focus on golf instead of boxing since the sport is too violent for you, ya pansy. New flash casual who has probably never boxed, all boxers would prefer to get a true ko than a refs stoppage.
                  Yes im emotional which is why you're defending him with your life lol

He's a pos. It's a fact. There's no emotion behind my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

Yes im emotional which is why you're defending him with your life lol

He's a pos. It's a fact. There's no emotion behind my comments.
                    I’m merely pointing out why you’re a clown. If wanting a real ko win makes a fighter a pos, then every boxer is a pos in your eyes. Like I said, if it’s too violent for you, then go to a sport more suitable for delicate females and sissies.

Comment

I agree with Shakur, they should've let it go! Shakur did very well in the pocket! Great Performance! Not Mayweather vs. Gatti, but Shakur has definitely stepped his game up! Salute to BoMac!

Comment

Working...
                      X