Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Warns Devin Haney: I Always Got The Best of Him, Tell Him 'Come On!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugly little satanist qu eer coming off yet another fixed fake fight. Jap was obviously intentionally trying not to hit the little qu eer and was obviously never hurt.
    Last edited by TinAgeOfBoxing; 04-09-2023, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

If you're telling me that I DKSAB boxing, all you're saying is that you don't know **** about boxing. That's all you're saying. So keep talking!! Keep letting the world know!!

You're confusing speed and accuracy with power. It's not the same thing. Please, go show me where any of these guys had jelly legs that Shakur stopped. I'll wait!
      If it's just speed and accuracy and he didn't have power then he would just be another Pauli Malignaggi. Haney has speed and accuracy too but how come he isn't consistently hurting guys like Shakur is? Haney is actually faster than Shakur too, huh

You say he doesn't have power then why are people getting hurt by Shakur consistently? Why was Herring wobbling against him? Why was Robson wobbling against him? Why did Robson get hurt and take a knee against him? Why did Reynoso purposely not put in Valdez's mouthpiece after he got hurt at the end of the 5th round against him?

Just admit you DKSAB and move on.
      Last edited by mcdonalds; 04-09-2023, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post

If it's just speed and accuracy and he didn't have power then he would just be another Pauli Malignaggi. Haney has speed and accuracy too but how come he isn't consistently hurting guys like Shakur is? Haney is actually faster than Shakur too, huh
        No. I think Shakur is faster than Haney. Guys who come up from smaller weight classes almost always have the speed advantage. That's what has made Canelo so hard to deal with as he's moved up. It was the same with Floyd.

You say he doesn't have power then why are people getting hurt by Shakur consistently? Why was Herring wobbling against him? Why was Robson wobbling against him? Why did Robson get hurt and take a knee against him? Why did Reynoso purposely not put in Valdez's mouthpiece after he got hurt at the end of the 5th round against him?

Just admit you DKSAB and move on.
        I'm not saying he doesn't have any power. What I'm saying is that he doesn't have as much power as people are making it out to be. He has respectable power, but that power is more about his speed and accuracy. It's not KO power. It's not the type of power you fear, which is why Yoshino kept lunging in. Yoshino was sat on his ass because he lunged in and Shakur hit him right on the button.

That's just what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Lmfao man idgaf. You literally just proved my point idiot. Sparring is irrelevant to what happens on actual fight night. Thanks for wasting your time to research only to prove my point lmao
          Typical response when castrated =---> idgaf. LMAO!

Sparring is not irrelevant. If Morales was a legit 135 pounder and it was Erik that was across the ring from Floyd the night he fought Castillo, I got money on Morales. That's coming from a master capper (if you even know what that is lol).

Fighters that don't often fight sparring partners, it's boxing facts. Del Valle was able to drop Roy because he had been in there with him, like a lot. Sparring matters.

When I was an amateur I used to spar a pro that whipped my arse in the beginning, after a while...the tables started turning in my favor. He was levels above me in skill and experience, but getting all that work, I found ways to win rounds regularly and even rocked him. If we met in the pro's and we never sparred, I'm probably losing because he was too difficult to adapt to in one session, it took me time. But after all that work, there was a very reasonable probability of me winning. Sparring matters.

Look at what happened to Loma against Ortiz. Sparring matters. These stories go on forever.

The only reason industry people say to the media it doesn't matteris purely preventative damage control. Look at Teo, whipped by Tank and Haney in sparring. He knows what he can or can't do against them that's why he moved up.

YDKSAB so like I said before, at the end of the day you're just a casual parakeet.

Comment

Power IS what Shakur is starting to develop. It's the ability to make your shots have effect. Placement and precision mean more than strength. There's plenty of guys who can hit insane numbers on the bench press, but their power is negligible because they can't actually hit their opponents. That's strength. Does he have crazy one shot stop power? No. Probably never will. But not many do. And he's actually getting stoppages now. He's way broader across the back than he was a few fights ago. He's put on muscle and he's actually hitting that next gear and trying to get guys out of there instead of just coasting like he used to. Power is force on target, and he's gotten much better at delivering good force on target than he was.

Also remember that the shots that really have effect are the ones that you don't see. Fighters take hellacious shots when they can see them coming and brace for the impact. Stevenson's style is to be right in front, which means most of his shots can be seen. He still gets them through, but they're not having the effect that they might if he was taking an angle and catching people with things that they don't see. But he's getting better at that too.

Also, Yoshino is getting credit because he's got signature wins over good fighters people probably do know (Nakatani and Ito). There's quite a few good fighters in Japan for those who follow the lighter weight classes.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Bill Haney is going to pretend like Shakur doesn’t exist. They don’t want that smoke. They’ll say and do anything to avoid a fight with Shakur.

Comment

Stevenson beats him. I doubt it happens any time soon.

Comment

People calling out Haney haven’t realized that he’s going to lose Vs Lomachenko

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
                    Whatever you guys say, I'm telling you now, that's not an easy fight for Shakur. It seems as if everyone here has been duped by Top Rank's smoke and mirrors routine. Shakur fought a guy who most only heard about months ago. That's right, not even a year ago this guy pops up on our radar. Then, somehow, mysteriously, he moves up the WBC rankings to a top five position, fighting only Japan. How does that work?

I'll tell you how that work:

giphy.gif
                    So everyone needs to chill out about Shakur walking through everyone at 135. The guy fought a Japanese domestic fighter who has no jab and lunges in. You think Shakur has power, but I'm telling you that he still doesn't have power. If that were Teofimo Lopez, that fight would have been stopped in round two, just like Richard Commey was stopped in round two. If I'm constantly lunging in, I'm doubling the power of Shakur's punches. When Yoshino kept lunging in, he was doubling the power of Shakur's punches, and despite that, Yoshino was fine. He was steady on his legs and ready to get it on. Premature stoppage.

So everyone needs to chill out. I think Haney gives Shakur a run for his money, to be perfectly honest.

Its not supposed to be "an easy fight"

its supposed to be the best fighting the best in the division and so it SHOULD be a challenge and hopefully it happens.

Shakur landed the cleaner shots in that 2 minute sparring clip above but haney also fights nothing like that on fight night, no where near that aggressive giving that many openings. He'd rather hug him to death and try to outland inbetween hugs.... so completely different fight.
                    Last edited by elfag; 04-09-2023, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

Its not supposed to be "an easy fight"

its supposed to be the best fighting the best in the division and so it SHOULD be a challenge and hopefully it happens.

Shakur landed the cleaner shots in that 2 minute sparring clip above but haney also fights nothing like that on fight night, no where near that aggressive giving that many openings. He'd rather hug him to death and try to outland inbetween hugs.... so completely different fight.
                      Yeah. We'll see. Using Yoshino as a barometer for how good Shakur is at 135 is a mistake. I'm not saying Shakur is not the real deal, but this guy Yoshino was moved up the WBC rankings specifically for Shakur, so that he could look good for the bright lights, his hometown supports and the fans. There's a lot of smoke an mirrors going on here. If I were to pick a style or type of fighter to stick in the ring to make Shakur look good, I would be doing everything I could to sign Yoshino for the fight. It doesn't get better than that. A guy with no jab, crude fundamentals and tough as a rock. I'd say, "that's the guy that Shakur can beat up on for multiple rounds and get the world talking."

I've seen two sparring sessions with Shakur and Haney, and Haney not only held his own, but seemed to do the better work. So Shakur can feel himself all he wants right now, but when he gets in there with someone who knows how to box, then it'll be a different story.

Ortiz wanted that fight and so too did that guy that beat Jose Velenzeula, Edwin de los Santos. That guy wants to fight Shakur too. Edwin De Los Santos.

I guarantee you that we would have seen a completely different fight had Ortiz or Santos fought him instead.
                      Last edited by Cypocryphy; 04-09-2023, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X