Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Joshua Should Face Whyte Next, Needs Better Performance To Jump in With Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone really think that Fury-AJ will happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Casualfanforyou View Post

At this point is probably to sell tickets. And the first fight was entertaining. People will remember that.

He has fought live dogs for the past half decade. Chisora twice, Oscar Rivas and Povetkin. Give the dude a break.
      Whyte vs Joshua II is good match making 'Exactly the same way Chisora vs Fury III was good match making'.

The only difference is? Whyte is not semi-retired, and currently right now he is most likely a more in form fighter than Chisora.

People need to understand that professional boxing is show business 'Fights need to have stories and theme's. Ideally these are the type of boxing events outside of title fights? Promoters want to make etc'.

You can already see it a mile off, Whyte during this entire build up will goad Joshua 'And this is not the Joshua fresh out of the Olympics. Joshua is battled hardened, experienced and is still fighting through his trauma's'.

If Joshua does not make a fight deal with a super big fight 'Then Joshua vs Whyte is a really good fight to make'.

It is also a genuine measurable fight. Boxing fans will be able to compare Joshua's performance vs Fury's performance against this version of Whyte.

Comment

AJ/Whyte has no heat at this point. The winner proves nothing. Almost feels like an undercard fight.
        TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

The former, 2-time unified HW champion of the world needs another confidence booster? This guy is in the wrong sport.
          tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
            AJ/Whyte has no heat at this point. The winner proves nothing. Almost feels like an undercard fight.
            Absolutely correct. The winner of that fight proves zero. I, for one, am fairly tired of hearing about English heavyweights. These guys cannot be recycled enough it seems. The world's a big place. There must be other talent out there.
            Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 04-03-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Whyte vs Joshua II is good match making 'Exactly the same way Chisora vs Fury III was good match making'.

The only difference is? Whyte is not semi-retired, and currently right now he is most likely a more in form fighter than Chisora.

People need to understand that professional boxing is show business 'Fights need to have stories and theme's. Ideally these are the type of boxing events outside of title fights? Promoters want to make etc'.

You can already see it a mile off, Whyte during this entire build up will goad Joshua 'And this is not the Joshua fresh out of the Olympics. Joshua is battled hardened, experienced and is still fighting through his trauma's'.

If Joshua does not make a fight deal with a super big fight 'Then Joshua vs Whyte is a really good fight to make'.

It is also a genuine measurable fight. Boxing fans will be able to compare Joshua's performance vs Fury's performance against this version of Whyte.

I have to disagree about the really good fight to make bit.

I think they can sell it, so not a terrible idea from a commerical persepective if viewed in isolation. I think potentially it could further poison the well though. Imagine if it's a disjointed, clumsy affair that goes the distance with Joshua winning another unexciting decision. Coming after Fury destroyed Whyte, it hardly helps to sells Joshua-Fury.

As others have said, Joshua age-wise is getting toward veteran status. He shouldn't be needing time to develop, even factoring in the new trainer.

I think Joshua should take on a challenging fight. I would actually really like to see him push himself and take on Joyce.

Comment

Sadly, I doubt Fury ever elects to fight AJ. I would be surprised if he ever elects to fight Usyk or Joyce either. If not, he should get out of the way so we can figure out who the king is!

Comment

It's not like fury likes fighting killers? If fury can fight chisora, whyte, why does Josh all of a sudden need to overcome barriers to get fury?
                  If fury don't fight usy k next, Fury won't be fighting anyone as good as Josh is!
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 04-03-2023, 04:06 PM.

Comment

At nearly 34 Joshua is 'still a work in progress' ....

Comment

Heavyweight division WTF. Joshua, twice humiliated by World Champ Usyk VS Wilder, humiliated twice by World Champion Fury. Whyte and Joshua both decision Franklin, and Parker, and both stopped Povetkin. Whyte should go sit down, KO'ed by Povetkin and TKO'ed by Joshua and Fury. JOSHUA vs WILDER!!

Comment

Working...
                      X