Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Pettis Bags Majority Decision Over 54-Year-Old Roy Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn...that will forever be stained on his boxing record.....to be the man you gotta beat the man

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post

You're annoying AF
      Thank you. Nash out

Comment

Man I walked off the last round, I thought Roy was up a round or 2. Now I login and see that he lost? IDK about that one

Comment

I thought Roy did quite well in the fight. I didn’t score it but I could have seen a win for RJJ. His dad bod didn’t betray him. If Roy lays off the junk food he might have better stamina and cut all that excess flab from his frame.

Comment

I didn’t watch but it sounds like they robbed Roy Jones. I hate to see these legends come out and do this to their legacy. I have no say in what RJJ does but I really hope it’s for the love of fighting and not for the money.

Comment

Roy old tired aSs has to be one of the most embarrassing past greats I have ever seen, if he not careful I can see him in a wheel chair on side of Gerald having others spoon feed his arrogance.
              Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

The Wisconsin boxing commission or whoever sanctioned this fight should be ashamed of themselves. Pettis should also be embarrassed that he looked so bad against a 54 year old man. These MMAers should stay in their lane. They have no place in a boxing ring which is why they challenge ancient relics like Roy. Their best bet is to join WWE. I'm sure Dana can hook them up since UFC just merged with WWE, two circus shows under one umbrella!

Comment

Gamebred Boxing 4 fighter pay: Anthony Pettis vs. Roy Jones Jr. card reaches almost $3 million combined...

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists...r-belfort-aldo

My guess is that RJJ took the Lion's share of that, probably 2 mill $...I guess he did OK.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Gamebred Boxing 4 fighter pay: Anthony Pettis vs. Roy Jones Jr. card reaches almost $3 million combined...

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists...r-belfort-aldo

My guess is that RJJ took the Lion's share of that, probably 2 mill $...I guess he did OK.
                    Article says all fighters pay combined to be $2,827,700, and Pettis & RJJ purses combined came out to be about $1,350,000 of it.
                    jaded jaded likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Article says all fighters pay combined to be $2,827,700, and Pettis & RJJ purses combined came out to be about $1,350,000 of it.
                      Right...I stand corrected. Still...RJJ probably took 1 mill $ from that, or close to it anyway. Not a bad night for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X