The heavyweight division is absolutely wonderful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    It's acually a very good thread...

I'm glad you keep bumping it for me! I want people coming to boxingscene to see it.
    Shush, Tuns.

Allan Holdsworth/Planet X > Vitali Klitschko/your subjective and biased threads. The more discussed about the genius of the former as opposed to the pitifully bad performance of the latter, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Shush, Tuns.

Allan Holdsworth/Planet X > Vitali Klitschko/your subjective and biased threads. The more discussed about the genius of the former as opposed to the pitifully bad performance of the latter, the better.
      If you believe Vitali gave a "pitifully bad performance" last night, then your mind must be is clouded by your hatred of him.

Comment

If you believe Vitali gave a "pitifully bad performance" last night, then your mind must be is clouded by your hatred of him.
        He also said 'he gets worse with every performance'. I mean what on earth. This guy is just here to troll.

Comment

See there you go again - twisting everything I say like a bum-bandit with an agenda up your hole.

How can I "hate" the man, when I respect him as a person and admire what he does outside of the ring with younger bro? Both those guys are a credit to boxing with their personalities.

But, that does not mean I have to enjoy bigger bro's style. I think it sucks, and it's a purely subjective viewpoint, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to make it known on a public forum where far worse opinions are thrown around every millisecond.

Is it really that alien a concept to you that an individual might not dig the style of one of the two-headed HW champions? Wlad kicks ass and I'm a fully converted advocate of that beast, but the day won't ever come that I'll say Vitali is a badass. Not happening. Get over it already. Not everything thinks as single-mindedly as you.

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          He also said 'he gets worse with every performance'. I mean what on earth. This guy is just here to troll.
          Laddie, make your bloody mind up or reveal the joke already. One moment you're not part of his gang, and the next moment you are. It's not big, it's not clever - it's just downright silly now. :conf1:

Troll indeed.

Comment

Heavyweight has gotten way better in 2009. I've enjoyed every major heavyweight fight as of late.

Chambers-Dimitrenko was good
            Wlad-Chagaev was good
            Vitali-Arreola was good

Haye-Valuev will probably be good too.

While there's a huge drop off after the two brothers, the division has become a lot better then what it was two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              Heavyweight has gotten way better in 2009. I've enjoyed every major heavyweight fight as of late.

Chambers-Dimitrenko was good
              Wlad-Chagaev was good
              Vitali-Arreola was good

Haye-Valuev will probably be good too.

While there's a huge drop off after the two brothers, the division has become a lot better then what it was two years ago.
              It's definitely better now than when John Ruiz and Chris Byrd had the WBA and IBF titles in 2005.

WE have Chambers, Pulev, Helenius, Boytsov, Povetkin, Arreola, the Klitschkos, Adamek, Haye, Price, Gerber, Glazkov and many other good European up-and-comers.

Comment

Yeah to great fighters in the heavyweight division that we will never see fight against eachother.

Comment

It's definitely better now than when John Ruiz and Chris Byrd had the WBA and IBF titles in 2005.

WE have Chambers, Pulev, Helenius, Boytsov, Povetkin, Arreola, the Klitschkos, Adamek, Haye, Price, Gerber, Glazkov and many other good European up-and-comers.

It's the best its been since the early/mid 90's for competitive fights, but few interesting personality's and no credible US challenge.

Comment

Because instead of one champion, we have TWO great champions: Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko!
                    I agree Tunney.

Long live the legendary Klitschko brothers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                      Yeah to great fighters in the heavyweight division that we will never see fight against eachother.
                      Having two brothers with

1) high KO ratios
                      2) PhDs
                      3) good sportsmanship
                      4) strong character and altruism
                      5) athleticism
                      6) excellent boxing skills

as heavyweight champions would be considered a good thing if they were black and from Philadelphia.

There's a double standard.

Comment

Working...
                      X