Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua has regressed badly under James smh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to say it but that 1st fight with Andy.....

No trainer is going to bring out the AJ that fought Wlad.
    That's entirely up to AJ
    A trainer can give perfect instructions to a guy, and won't mean shlt.
    A boxer is going to do what he wants.

''Listen. He's killing you with that uppercut !''
    Nods head in agreement.
    What the boxer is thinking ''Yeah, I fcking know ! Since I'm the one getting hit with it !!!''

Comment

I never thought Joshua looked that great against Usyk in the second fight TBH. His best set up was McCraken and his cheerleading squad at Matchroom. He looks so robotic and hittable now.

Comment

"This round hit him with the 'POP, POP, WHACK, POW!'" Derrick James would make a great choreographer. Sometimes, I think these American trainers humour British fighters, but it is comical, seems things get lost in Brit-US translation. AJ, at this point, can have a new trainer for every fight. Doesn't matter who is in the corner, he appears to be in a mental decline. Once a fighter reaches that point, the outcome is inevitable.

The issues started with Rob McCracken. Rob is a great coach, no doubt about it. Top-level on the British scene. But the hype ruined them. Around the time AJ beat Klitschko, the mentality changed. Like a switch was flicked, and AJ was suddenly an Elite-level pugilist. Only, he never was, lol. When they started down that path, they hastened AJ's demise. It is not one man's fault, but the hype train that ran out of control.

Personally, I'd have loved to have seen AJ basing his camps in or around London, with a trainer like Don Charles. Someone along those lines. Yes, the fundamentals are important, but what would things have been like if AJ had carried the 'Kill or Be Killed' mentality into every fight? Lived and breathed it every day in the gym? Instead AJ trained out of Sheffield, at the amateur boxing HQ, applying a measured, scientific approach to every aspect of his training.

Would have made a very exciting 235-240lb, hell-for-leather gunslinger, under a trainer like Charles. In the US, the equivalent would be a SugarHill Steward/Kronk mentality.

Comment

the trainer is not the issue with AJ

he fights like a guy that really doesn't want to fight no more and I think Fury and Wilder would make him Stool Quit or something, mentally he is just not the same and I think people need to stop denying it

Comment

Working...
          X