Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nakathila-Muratalla To Open Haney-Lomachenko ESPN Pay-Per-View Telecast May 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Muratalla will be fine. Nakathila will have been out of the ring for 14 months by the time the fight comes along. Arum has had this planned ever since he wanted to make Stevenson look good by feeding Berchelt to him after getting knocked out by Valdez. He then put him on the shelf to take away his momentum and make him ring rusty so another one of his fighters could take advantage of it. Then hey presto, a new "Star" is born. Not really, but the perception will say so even though the truth is the opposite.
    How does Arum shelve Nakathila when he isn't a Top Rank fighter?
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Junto Nakatani vs Andrew Moloney and Raymond Muratalla vs Jeremia Nakathila join Haney vs Lomachenko

https://www.badlefthook.com/2023/3/2...achenko-boxing

This looks like a great card for a PPV! ​

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

For comparison, here's a much maligned Matchroom card headlined by the Canelo v Yildirim mismatch:

Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim for Alvarez’s WBC/WBA Super Middleweight titles
        McWilliams Arroyo vs. Abraham Rodriguez for the interim WBC flyweight title
        Zhang Zhilei vs. Jerry Forrest; Heavyweight
        Diego Pacheco vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr.; Super Middleweight
        Alexis Espino vs. Ashton Sykes; Super Middleweight
        Keyshawn Davis vs. Lester Brown; Junior Lightweight
        Aaron Aponte vs. Harry Gigliotti; Junior Welterweight
        Marc Castro vs. John Moraga; Junior Lightweight

That wasn't a PPV either. People on here held this up as an example of how horrible DAZN cards are, which isn't necessarily false, but that's a free card compared to this 3 fight $80 PPV from Arum.
        Damn, that card was disgusting, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Junto Nakatani vs Andrew Moloney and Raymond Muratalla vs Jeremia Nakathila join Haney vs Lomachenko

https://www.badlefthook.com/2023/3/2...achenko-boxing

This looks like a great card for a PPV! ​
          I like it but don't see the point of Valdez rematching Blue Nose
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            It is and yeah I don't agree, I like Muratalla and the Garcia camp but he seems to be a bit chinny. 2nd time he gets dropped and he hasn't even fought a huge name yet, he has the power and skills hopefully his chin holds up though because 135-140 has some hitters.
            I just can't see him beating Nakathila. Could just well be a cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by fumiphobic View Post
              Is this the same Muratalla who just fought last night? He's got only 3 weeks to prepare and his scars haven't even healed yet. I can't say it's impressive. More like it's crazy considering Nakathila is not exactly an easy fight.
              He gets paid, and respect to him for doing it again so soon. Yes, 3 weeks isn't normal, but as a fan I prefer 3 weeks over a year. And win or lose he deserves props for being that one.

Comment

Originally posted by fumiphobic View Post

I just can't see him beating Nakathila. Could just well be a cash out.
                Nakathila has power but I don't think he has more skills than Muratalla, apparently the gloves he had didn't fit before this last fight so he didn't get a chance to warm up and had to use Rival gloves instead. I could see that having a factor by coming in cold and getting caught. I don't think he's cashing out he probably believes he can win but if he gets clipped I could see him getting hurt again we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

How does Arum shelve Nakathila when he isn't a Top Rank fighter?
                  All the opportunities are with Toprank. Bob had plans and wasn't going to change them. If Naka gets a fight in before this one with someone else, Bob doesn't use him. But if he stays out of the ring like he has. Well, as you can see. He's happy to move forward with his plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

All the opportunities are with Toprank. Bob had plans and wasn't going to change them. If Naka gets a fight in before this one with someone else, Bob doesn't use him. But if he stays out of the ring like he has. Well, as you can see. He's happy to move forward with his plans.
                    Wow. Nakathila sat out for a year all because of that wild conspiracy theory huh? Bob is super powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Wow. Nakathila sat out for a year all because of that wild conspiracy theory huh? Bob is super powerful.
                      Naka is waiting for opportunities with Toprank. Toprank had no plans to give him any fights until recently. Naka doesn't want to be out this long. But as i said, if he did get himself a fight just to keep ticking over and stay sharp, Bob wouldn't be giving him a call up against one of his fighters.

For the record. You do know that most fights with American and Mexican fighters come with a mass of advantages before they go anywhere near a ring with them? You can't tell me you don't see what is sticking out like a sore thumb? Just give me a bell and i'll give you a list. No one else is doing this other than the US and Mexico. It's en masse. It's mathematically impossible for any of this to be a coincidence. It's intentional.

Comment

Working...
                      X