Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who didn't think the Colbert win was a total robbery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to give Colbert more than 4 rounds. I’d watch it back but sort of a meaningless fight tbh.

Comment

A draw would still have been a robbery. It's a total domination by Valenzuela. Those judges' photos should be plastered all over the place like they're missing or wanted like bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Robbery was my initial thought but second view is necessary. In between rounds during replays, I did feel like Rayo was missing alot of punches. Even when he had Colbert trapped in the corner, bunch of his shots were blocked or missed. His accuracy and finishing ability is questionable.

I feel for Valenzuela but next time, he cant allow a dead opponent to go 10-12 rounds with him.
        His accuracy and finishing ability is questionable.

This right here is the main point for people not calling it a robbery
        But should he be punished by not getting the W ?
        If they run it back , I think Rayo gets him out of there the minute he hurts him
        Life’s a biatch , so is boxing lol
        FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

His accuracy and finishing ability is questionable.

This right here is the main point for people not calling it a robbery
          But should he be punished by not getting the W ?
          If they run it back , I think Rayo gets him out of there the minute he hurts him
          Life’s a biatch , so is boxing lol
          For sure. Even without a KO, Valenzuela outpointed him clearly in my eyes. In a rematch under fair circumstances, Id certainly pick Rayo again.

I mentioned to Tatabanya last time that no outcomes surprise me anymore. It's just Boxing lol.

Comment

6-4 plus a kd, robbery, bad decision, whatever you call it. Colbert survived and unfortunately he helped him but he still did enough.

Colbert I guarantee isn't feeling a winner today.

Comment

Not a robbery.

Colbert did very well the rounds he wasn't hurt in. I don't think he won six rounds though.

The crowd was rooting for Valenzuela.
              Jim Gray did not score the fight.
              They don't matter here.
              Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

For sure. Even without a KO, Valenzuela outpointed him clearly in my eyes. In a rematch under fair circumstances, Id certainly pick Rayo again.

I mentioned to Tatabanya last time that no outcomes surprise me anymore. It's just Boxing lol.
                Couldn’t have said it better

Comment

Agree to Disagree. I don't think Colbert won more rounds that Valenzuela, either it was 5-5 or 6-4 with the KD whereas Rayo won his rounds more convincingly than Chris. If Valenzuela didn't get the nod then at least the second-best outcome would have been a draw where they can run it back.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 03-26-2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X