Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think from todays 135 would be able to beat a prime Oscar De La Hoya?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think from todays 135 would be able to beat a prime Oscar De La Hoya?

Todays crop of boxers are genuinely some of my favorite to watch but I think Oscar would beat 90% of the division today? Definitely think he’d beat the dog**** outta Teo lmao.

Thoughts?
    Regge Regge likes this.

He beats all of them.

Oscar was a LEGIT 5'10 with power, speed, skill, and heart.

He'd struggle with Stevenson & maybe Haney a little, just like struggled with Whittaker & Mayweather, but nobody else would even stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mextli99 View Post
      Todays crop of boxers are genuinely some of my favorite to watch but I think Oscar would beat 90% of the division today? Definitely think he’d beat the dog**** outta Teo lmao.

Thoughts?
      He would EASILY whip ALL of them. Oscar had bazaar speed like Shakur but with welterweight power. At 5:10 1/2 he was HUGE. These munchkins wouldn't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

He would EASILY whip ALL of them. Oscar had bazaar speed like Shakur but with welterweight power. At 5:10 1/2 he was HUGE. These munchkins wouldn't have a chance.
        Kinda Ironic that one of the fighters who gave Haney the most difficulty had the same moniker as Oscar, though even a prime Linares would be easy work for De La Hoya if you watch his performances against Genaro Hernandez, Jesse James Leija and Rafael Ruelas.

Not sure how Shakur's career will pan out as he still is just 25 years old, but we haven't seen him fight at the weight class and any top 130 pounders he had fought aren't anything new that the Golden Boy hasn't faced before, Herring, Valdez and Conceicao wouldn't see the fifth round.
        Last edited by Feroz; 03-23-2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
          He beats all of them.

Oscar was a LEGIT 5'10 with power, speed, skill, and heart.

He'd struggle with Stevenson & maybe Haney a little, just like struggled with Whittaker & Mayweather, but nobody else would even stand a chance.
          I think Hed walk through Haney. Shakur would give him some probs initially

Comment

Haney would beat the prime dela hoya.
            dan_cov dan_cov likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post

Kinda Ironic that one of the fighters who gave Haney the most difficulty had the same moniker as Oscar, though even a prime Linares would be easy work for De La Hoya if you watch his performances against Genaro Hernandez, Jesse James Leija and Rafael Ruelas.

Not sure how Shakur's career will pan out as he still is just 25 years old, but we haven't seen him fight at the weight class and any top 130 pounders he had fought aren't anything new that the Golden Boy hasn't faced before, Herring, Valdez and Conceicao wouldn't see the fifth round.
              I agree. Oscar De La Hoya beat a prime Genaro Hernandez. Chicanito Hernandez (RIP) was better than Herring, Valdez, and Conceicao.

Comment

None. There is no fighter currently at 135 or 140 that would come close to beating Oscar.

In Oscar's era fighters were still fighters.....in this era boxers are divas, low level businessmen that think they are worth more than they are, and very inactive/lazy.

Most boxer in the 90's and 00's commanded respect. This era made me throw away the whole notion that "you have to respect boxers because they take brain damage for our entertainment", I don't respect 90% of these current boxers.

Comment

Oscar would smoke them all.
                  real raw real raw Regge Regge like this.

Comment

Can’t see anybody beating the Golden Boy
                    Maybe Just Maybe the magical spatula
                    Nahhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                    X