Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: If Not Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk, Then...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this fight doesn't happen the belts get scattered and Usyk retires. It's what the rest of the division is hoping for. Wilder Naganou for money in the desert, Joyce WBO, Dubois WBA, Joshua Hrgovic for the IBF leaves Fury vs absolutely nobody. Unless Ruiz can get out of bed pre 11am and get his sh** together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
      Well that was a whole lot of writing about nothing quoting the obvious.

Both are in camp for the fight, no cowardly rematchroom clauses, all the belts for all the marbles in the uk where it should be & not in a blood money country.
      I just hope it doesn't piss daan.

Fury's put me off with this last round of demands, i don't know who i want to win & who would be best for boxing.
      Looking back Ali was hated in his time for his big mouth, how will we look back on the big sasquatch?
      Ali had big mouth but he walked the talk while Fury has big mouth but is only eager to take low risk fights and evasive for real challenge. Fury is only interested in money and legacy means nothing to him. We could have had an undisputed champion at HW by now if not that Wilder and Fury didn't want to the smoke.
      SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Fury fought the most boring fight with Wlad, takes 3 fights with Wilder who we all know only has a right hand (and Fury went life and death with him 3 times) fights Whyte who is Shyte and fights a Chisora who is more washed up than Wlad.

All these guys are big, slow and stand in front of him. Usyk will move around, create angles, frustrate Fury and this will end up being a clinch fest. It could very well be a very ugly fight that Usyk wins easy.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
          Fury fought the most boring fight with Wlad, takes 3 fights with Wilder who we all know only has a right hand (and Fury went life and death with him 3 times) fights Whyte who is Shyte and fights a Chisora who is more washed up than Wlad.

All these guys are big, slow and stand in front of him. Usyk will move around, create angles, frustrate Fury and this will end up being a clinch fest. It could very well be a very ugly fight that Usyk wins easy.
          I’m okay with the Whyte fight, based on the rankings at the time.

I think the problem with the Chisora fight, is it’s tough to stomach when guys aren’t fighting very often. If a guy is having 4 title defences a year, as has been the case in previous eras, a softie mixed in there is acceptable. Not when champs are only coming out once or twice a year.

Fury needs to fight Usyk or he loses credibility from a historical perspective.

Comment

I think Fury-Usyk will be signed. Fury in a close points decision I'd say, but might be tougher than people think.

There won't be any knockout, I don't think so.

Some might point to Fury's struggle against Steve Cunningham, a cruiserweight more than a heavyweight. But that was a long time ago, to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

I’m okay with the Whyte fight, based on the rankings at the time.

I think the problem with the Chisora fight, is it’s tough to stomach when guys aren’t fighting very often. If a guy is having 4 title defences a year, as has been the case in previous eras, a softie mixed in there is acceptable. Not when champs are only coming out once or twice a year.

Fury needs to fight Usyk or he loses credibility from a historical perspective.
              This 100%. Nobody wants to see Fury fight anybody else (Other than maybe AJ in the UK) and I sure do not wanna see Usyk fight Dubois.

Comment

SugarHill already flew to UK to train Okolie..... and Fury.

This fight will happen without any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GenericUsername View Post
                  Plenty of guess work in this article. If Usyk does not fight Dubois next he loses his WBA title. I don't know why people pretend Usyk v Wilder is even possible!

Fury is the only one who would be eligible for a voluntary defense because he has no mandatory challenger in place. (Why is Wilder v Ruiz Jr taking so long?) Joe Joyce can not fight Fury with him not being in the WBC top 15 either.
                  You are all wrong.

Fury and Usyk can fight whoever they want and f.uck the belts.

When the guys like Fury/Usyk/Joshua/Wilder discuss fights, belts are not important.

Comment

The hoped for Fury/Usyk unification match comes with a number of speedbumps thereafter. But wiping up the couch after a great time doesn't take away the hope for said romp, nor does it make any of it not worth it. 18 months from now it may be scattered belts and lots of heavyweight action between the likes of Hrgovic, Sanchez, Makhmudov, Anderson, Ajagba and perhaps a few others. I didn't list Joyce or Zhang simply because I do not believe either goes much farther without some wheels coming off. As for Fury and Usyk, both are great fighters but it seems to me Fury isn't about being pushed around by several sanctioning bodies and I'm not sold on his thirst for girth. As for Usyk, once per year isn't cutting it, nor will it do given the mounting mandatories. Being unified is a gauntlet if you're not named Spence.
                    Last edited by Hooded Terror; 03-16-2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X