No announcement yet.

John 'the gorilla' Ryder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John 'the gorilla' Ryder

How good is he? I'm seeing him talked up as a legitimate opponent for canelo but he has losses against 3 fighters that Canelo has already beat (fielding, saunders, smith) and 2 to domestic level fighters (blackwell, arnfield).
    Is there something i am missing here?

More alpha than your sissy beta a$$. That's enough for you.
    Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison View Post
      How good is he? I'm seeing him talked up as a legitimate opponent for canelo but he has losses against 3 fighters that Canelo has already beat (fielding, saunders, smith) and 2 to domestic level fighters (blackwell, arnfield).
      Take the time to watch the three losses he has to the fighters you mentioned.

Comment

He should definitely have got the nod over Mundo and Fielding and Ryder vs Saunders was very much an either way fight. He's one of those hard luck fighters who just got repeatedly screwed. I don't think he's got much hope against Canelo but he's absolutely legit quite aside from being one of boxing's genuine nice guys who also always gives his all in the ring. Really happy to see him get the shot and the payday.

He was drained as **** at 160 by accounts and it really caught up to him in the Arnfield fight which is why he moved up immediately after. Blackwell vs Ryder is a legit loss although he was ahead at the time of the stoppage. These things happen.

In any event whilst I dont think anyone would describe John as elite he's far better than his record might suggest and legitimately top 5 at 168.

Comment

Robbed against Callum Smith and defeated an unbeaten Zach Parker recently, but was given a gift win decision over 35 year old Daniel Jacobs who was unactive for three years in a row.

Would say he is like a gatekeeper of 168, perfect tune up for Canelo to test the waters after having a hand surgery.

If anyone deserves a tune up after facing four difficult opponents in a row it probably be the ginger they call cinnamon, though I can understand that people don't want him to fight anyone besides champions, albeit there is plenty of time as he is turning 33 years old.
          Last edited by Feroz; 03-11-2023, 02:10 PM.
          Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
            Robbed against Callum Smith and defeated an unbeaten Zach Parker recently, but was given a gift win decision over 35 year old Daniel Jacobs who was unactive for three years in a row.

Would say he is like a gatekeeper of 168, perfect tune up for Canelo to test the waters after having a hand surgery.

If anyone deserves a tune up after facing four difficult opponents in a row it probably be the ginger they call cinnamon, though I can understand that people don't want him to fight anyone besides champions, there is time plenty of time as he is turning 33 years old.
            sounds great
            El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

sounds great
              Yeah kind of embarrassing that he is fighting a boxer who got gift over a middleweight who was unactive for years, it's a guaranteed win considering what Cinnamon had done with a prime example of the "Miracle Man".

Madison boxing Madison Boxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                More alpha than your sissy beta a$$. That's enough for you.
                Wow, the least alpha pha66ot here just called someone else a sissy.

Comment

Could definitely make an argument he beat Smith and Fielding. Was very competitive with Saunders too.

I don’t think he can beat Canelo but he can definitely give a good account of himself. Canelo has fought a lot worse fighters than John Ryder in recent years.

Comment

He will come to fight. He will not fear Canelo.

Not sure he'll be good enough, but he will not freeze.

Comment

Working...
                    X