Tyson Fury turns down 60/40 to the winner offer from Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury turns down 60/40 to the winner offer from Usyk

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...0-winner-deal/

"Oleksandr Usyk offered Tyson Fury ’60/40 to the winner’ purse split deal but Fury turned it down, claims Usyk’s promoter Alex Krassyuk who says he’s not sure Fury is ‘ready’ to fight"

Fury is a Spartan, the gypsy king, and doesn’t care about the money. That’s why he turned down a 60% piece of the pie to fight someone who went twelve gruelling rounds with Derek Chisora.

Comment

Fury is right. It's an industry, not just a sport. It has certain rules. More popular one makes more purse.

That idiot promoter tried 50/50 first. Fury declined. Now he made the even sillier 60/40 offer. 60/40 makes sense in the rematch if Usyk beats Fury. Purses are determined before the fight, not for outcome.

If a Ukrainian peasant who doesn't know the rules becomes the champion and greedily uses his idiot promoter, such news is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
        Fury is right. It's an industry, not just a sport. It has certain rules. More popular one makes more purse.

That idiot promoter tried 50/50 first. Fury declined. Now he made the even sillier 60/40 offer. 60/40 makes sense in the rematch if Usyk beats Fury. Purses are determined before the fight, not for outcome.

If a Ukrainian peasant who doesn't know the rules becomes the champion and greedily uses his idiot promoter, such news is normal.
        Pull your nose out of Fury's arse, wipe that smelly brown stuff off your face and read this:

"Boxing promoter Frank Warren has declared that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk for the undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO heavyweight titles will be a 50/50 purse split between the two world champions."

https://www.combatsportsuk.co.uk/fra...a-50-50-split/

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Pull your nose out of Fury's arse, wipe that smelly brown stuff off your face and read this:

"Boxing promoter Frank Warren has declared that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk for the undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO heavyweight titles will be a 50/50 purse split between the two world champions."

I can always count on you to say what I’m thinking but I’m kinda slow

kafkod kafkod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

So you think promoters should be held to their word?

I agree with you, they should and I think the failed negotiations fall far more on Team Fury than Team Usyk.

However, you pick and choose when promoters have to be held to their word. What did you call me when I called AJ-Franklin a trash fight based on what his promoter had stated? That’s right a “hater”.

Well, pull your nose out of AJ’s arse wipe that smelly brown stuff off your face and read this:

https://firstsportz.com/boxing-news-...for-next-year/

Comment

The usual suspects on here trying to defend Fury ,it never gets old . Lol

Furys ship has just sunk wheather he takes this fight or not now ,it’s another fight he will be forced into if it happened by public mauling he’s about to take .

The ironic part is the OP is the only real intelligent Fury fan on this forum and he gets attacked by the circle of imbeciles when he calls him out which questions why he’s a fan ? Like I said it can’t be Furys resume that’s for sure . I know the others are fans because they have some female emotions going on about the man’s family ,etc Anything but boxing . Lol
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-08-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I smell I smell.....pussssssy!!!!!

Comment

It would be nice to know what Fury actually wants. Does he want 60%? 70%?

If it’s more than 60, then he doesn’t want the fight

60/40 regardless of outcome, I kind of understand why he would try to hold out for that. He can fill stadiums as an A side, Usyk couldn’t fill a quarter of it. In reality that’s probably a fair split, belts don’t fill stadiums, names do. Usyk should take that in my opinion IF it’s on the table. That 40% is more than he can make against anyone else lined up to fight. Usyk’s team offered Joyce 5%, so they’re no strangers to understanding the bigger profile fighter getting more money.

We don’t really know what percentage Fury is asking for behind the scenes. If we knew, we could determine if he’s being unreasonable or not wanting the fight. If he just wants a straight 60/40, then I don’t think he’s being too unreasonable. Anything else then it’s fair to say it’s his fault.

some are speculating he’s running down the clock on some broadcast and promotional deal with BT And Warren which allegedly runs out in the summer, so he can cut them out of the deal with the Saudis. Nobody really knows though. Although it could explain why Warren is desperate for a stadium fight in April and booked a stadium with no opponent. But all that is pure speculation.

Comment

Ukrainian dosser can retire or return to CW after vacating his belts. Fury will own those belts sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                    X