Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Armando Resendiz Shocks Jarrett Hurd, Stops Him in Ten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Armando Resendiz Shocks Jarrett Hurd, Stops Him in Ten

Resendiz, Hurd Fight Photos Gallery - Ontario, California - In a middleweight bout, Armando Resendiz fought fire with fire, to break down and stop former unified junior middleweight champion Jarrett Hurd, when the doctor stopped the contest at the start of the tenth round. (photos by Esther Lin)
    [Click Here To Read More]

A surprising result, and an excellent win for Armando, whom probably most have never heard of, now they know.

Hurd has had some success, been a world champion. But a guy with his style and being pretty easy to hit, that usually means not much longevity in this brutal sport.
    BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

Hurd a 20k fighter now, his stock on wall street has falling through the roof! LMAO

Comment

I called his comeback falling apart before it gets started.

Hurd did not beat Erislandly Lara. Ducked a shot at getting the title back to avoid drug testing. He should have never held a world title, should have ever been called a champion.

Comment

Hurd is done. I was rooting for him to do well in his comeback also even doe he broke my heart that one night as an Erislandy Lara fan.

Best wishes for Hurd. If he rematched Lara now, Hurd would obviously lose.

Any Given Sunday!

EDIT: Erislandy should not be fighting anymore either IMO. He could possibly outbox Golovkin if he isn’t totally shot but this could also end badly for my guy “The Gold from Guantanamo” Erislandy Lara.
          Last edited by Ganondorf; 03-05-2023, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Who saw the fight? Was Hurd still in the fight when it was stopped for a cut or was it a mercy to have a reason?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              Who saw the fight? Was Hurd still in the fight when it was stopped for a cut or was it a mercy to have a reason?
              Nah, he was done. Hurd didn't even complain so I think he also felt like he was done. He hit Resendiz with some good shots and Resendiz just kept coming back stronger. It was a good fight, Hurd showed heart but he was done

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

Nah, he was done. Hurd didn't even complain so I think he also felt like he was done. He hit Resendiz with some good shots and Resendiz just kept coming back stronger. It was a good fight, Hurd showed heart but he was done
                That's sad, I enjoyed Hurd's career very much. I think though, that even more than his lack of good defense, his lack of good power shortened his career. He came forward like the Terminator but couldn't quite put their lights out. The wars went on too long.

Resendiz isn't very good, I've seen him before. If Hurd can't beat him, I hope he has the good sense and resources to call it a career.

Comment

Hurd was just a weight bully

Comment

Not having fought in two year's, probably didn't help his timing, resiliency, and his stamina during the fight.
                    I didn't see the fight, but the pictures on this platform post depict's a give, and take fight between them both.

Comment

Working...
                    X