Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: 9 Boxing Events In 10 Weeks Says We Remain Committed To The Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
    Its funny how people were saying that Showtime and PBC were broke, but they have one of the busiest schedules on the boxing landscape. Also, side note that I'm ready for the hate for, notice that Espinosa says the "Charlos," as in plural, that means Big Charlo is on his way back soon, and its going to be a lot of ass whoopings for some of your favorite fighters in a hot minute.
    I think it’s kosher to say they do have the business schedule in the entire sport. I stand ready to be corrected but I don’t see any other promotion and network putting out that many in 2.5 months

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

Dazn is definitely trash. But they are trash because they dont have fighters

Showtime has the fighters we wanna see and we still dont get top fights. Then we only see them once per year in a fight that we not asking for. To me thats even worse.
      So I hat is the fix for this. How does pbc move forward more to your liking? And what are the fights to be made that can be made on pbc

Comment

So I cancelled Showtime a while ago. Boxing kept me subscribed and I did not feel I was getting my premium dollars worth, and nothing else on Showtime really caught my interest. So maybe I shift some entertainment dollars around and get it back. Been toying with it for a while, but I guess I should support the channels that support the sport.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

I just watched O'shaquie and Vargas 2 weeks ago, Matias and Ponce last week, this week its Figueroa and Magsayo, they're giving us something interesting almost every week and they haven't even got to the bigger names yet.
          All of those are good fights.but they are also cheap fights. 1 million for the whole card type fights. we know those fights will always be made.

We want the big dogs against the big dogs

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Dude you're not going to get Hagler vs Hearns every week. These are good fights to help bridge the gap between the big fights. These type of fights have been happening since boxing was created. We live in a new world of boxing where Al can't rely on Mayweather vs whoever with 4 million PPV buys that pay for Garcia v Thurman and Canelo v Trout and AB v Chino every week. Calm down. We just had three decent weekend of fights in February. Now it looks like we will be getting a card every weekend up until June which will include one very good PPV and another MASSIVE PPV. Also getting a few TR cards too. Also heard that when the other fights are announced they may land on some daytime cards on CBS. Bye bye FOX. We hardly knew ye! Ummm, has anyone heard what's going on with the Dazn American Takeover. I haven't heard that loud mouth gut over here in a while.
            None of the fights i named were Hagler v hearn level. so miss me.

PBC has to many top fighters for us to be happy about a j rock vs adames main event.

Comment

Part-time boxers are back with their yearly obligation.

I'm not going to sing kumbaya yet until I see them back with their 2nd or 3rd fight for the year. If they're back with their first and last fight this year they should at least fight something meaningful. It's just an insult waiting for their comeback fights for so long only to see them fight cab drivers.
              kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Other than Benavidez/Plant, there arent any great/good fights liated. Everything else is decent.

Comment

One of the few reliable SHO fighters is Fundora. I complain about how boxers should stay active in order to maintain their momentum, and Fundora is doing just that. Mendoza is decent enough.

SHO has started 2023 better than 2022. The only match-up I wasn't interested in was Vargas/Foster, and I couldn't care less about Puello/Romero. Also, let's separate the SHO regular cards from the PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

No one wanted PBC to fail, they were just giving fans crap after crap fights. They started out great then started to decline on quality fights.
                    crap after crap fights? Why dont you give us an exanmple of crap after crap showtime/pbc fights. Spence/Crawford is not the only quality fight. Rivera/Martin, Dela Santos/Valensuela SpeedEllis/Villa; O'shaqui/Vargas and last week Matias/Ponce was imo foy title fight. You cant see a good fight because you crying too much . dry up and pay attention.
                    Last edited by ironfriend; 03-03-2023, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfriend View Post

crap after crap fights? Why dont you give us an exanmple of crap after crap showtime/pbc fights. Spence/Crawford is not the only quality fight. Rivera/Martin, Dela Santos/Valensuela SpeedEllis/Villa; O'shaqui/Vargas and last week Matias/Ponce was imo foy title fight. You cant see a good fight because you crying too much . dry up and pay attention.
                      Talking about previous years. Not las month. Your head so much up Haymon ass you haven't been aware of the mismatches they've had over the years. They were Pure Boxing Crap. I give them credit this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X