Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is BJ Flores teaching Jake Paul?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the same Bj Flores, 34 fights under his belt, when against Beibut Shumenov his corner was telling him to cut off the ring, Flores looked up and said 'How?'. I never expected him to teach Paul anything.
    dan_cov dan_cov likes this.

Comment

Jake's camp is all yes men. He also boxes out of Puerto Rico, thats great but how often is he actually there? I know he dont run his pod casts from puerto rico, so what kind of training is he doing year round? Jake is acting like he is already an established pro and only doing "fight camps".... and only fighting once or twice a year.... dude you claim to be "new" so you need to be learning year round.

When he tried to fight his former sparring partner last year he was bragging about how he "won" in sparring. Rahman said he was told to only use his left hand.... jake released some clips because i guess he thought they made him look good but sure enough just as Rahman said he was only throwing the left and only touched him once or twice with the right with no power at all on it. It makes me wonder if jakes team never told him how easy they are telling his sparring partners to go on him. The only other clips hes ever released are just him goofing off with his friends sparring them not actual boxers.

At this point I cant tell if Jake is just milking it and understands his actual true capabilities or if his yes men have blew up his ego and he really thinks he can be champ someday. Hes 26 now already, its not happening at your current pace and youre running out of time.
      Last edited by elfag; 02-27-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I cannot be alone in thinking he has somehow regressed?

I like too think any respectable trainer would start with the feet first.
        Stance, basic movement, jab.
        I'm not seeing any of that.

I've never seen a worse jab. Its badly telegraphed and his front foot should not be coming off the floor by 6 or so inches when he steps in with it like he is stepping over something, he just leaves it clean out there, he doesn't even bring it back.

I don't want to trash Jake as much as he makes me cringe I think he's a good kid.
        Tough, naturally strong with some pop.

I know people will say he's only been training at an advanced age for 3-4 yrs but I am simply not seeing the basics or anything that resembles them.

I am under the impression that BJ Flores isn't actually teaching him a damn thing and is just there for the money and the ride. He is surrounding by cheerleaders and needs an actual, proper boxing trainer. I know this gets thrown around a lot but in this instance its absolutely the case. I mean this guy was a respectable enough pro, a commentator and still asking his dad/trainer how to cut a ring off, baffling really.

I could go on all day about his flaws and point out how he is looking at the floor while throwing and such.

Thank heavens Tommy won who frankly isn't much good either because I fear for how the whole circus show would have ended had he lured Froch out of retirement or dare I say actually got a Canelo fight. We was way too close to the biggest blackeye the sports ever seen. Just a scary thought.

I'd like to see Jake just have some fun and fight KSI and other influencers, back to fighting past it MMA fighters, maybe a Vitor Belfort next and just never speak Froches name ever again.
        - - Regis Prograis worked with him from inception and thinks he's the real deal as a fighter, and to be fair, he beat up Tommy Boy a bit while exposing the Fury family blowing out their derrieres.

He's currently ranked over 70% of cruisers on boxrec, so that ain't shabby for a youtuber.

Comment

Working...
        X