Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood 'Absolutely' Wants To Exercise Contractual Right To Rematch With Mauricio Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood 'Absolutely' Wants To Exercise Contractual Right To Rematch With Mauricio Lara

Leigh Wood committed a tactical mistake for which he paid dearly Saturday night in Nottingham, England. Mauricio Lara's left hook knocked Wood to the canvas in the seventh round of their featherweight title bout, but it didn't shake Wood's confidence. The former WBA 126-pound champion plans to exercise his contractual right to a rematch with Lara.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds good but it's not going to be in Jolly old England.... Time for these two fools to step out of their comfort zone and come to the states. Lara already gave them home field advantage.

Comment

I’m not sure he can win a rematch, I feel like that was his chance last night.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Wood-Warrington first. The winner fights Lara again.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
        Sounds good but it's not going to be in Jolly old England.... Time for these two fools to step out of their comfort zone and come to the states. Lara already gave them home field advantage.
        Lara has made me a big fan of him but I'm sure he'll go wherever he can make most money - he is all about providing for his family and being a proud Mexican.

I'm not averse to Lara fighting the other titlists or either Warrington or Wood again or Wood vs Warrington - good times coming back to FW and most likely only getting better with Fulton moving there whether he wins or loses against Inoue.

Comment

Good for Lara being able to earn constant stream of cash out of these fights and rematches in the UK. There are no other big money fights out there for him. And I assume the money offered is getting bigger and bigger. These fights are big worldwide.

Comment

Wood was doing great. His straight punches and body work were wearing Lara out. Unfortunately for Leigh he hooked with a power weilding hooker, and lost. Great fight while it lasted and I am okay with the stoppage, I just hope the rematch is as good.

Comment

When? Why? It should not be anytime soon. The man needs to improve before getting back in there. Why would we expect a different outcome? I like seeing careers ended as much as the next guy but I was just starting to like Wood. How about he does four or five more fights then rematches. Old school style

Comment

Lol, Lara is going to make millions going over there and f____ng up Wood and Warrington over and over again!
                Last edited by JonDP; 02-19-2023, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Mauricio Lara is in heaven. Five fights vs. Wood and Warrington upcoming. Easiest money a Mexican's ever made.

Comment

This is one of the things ruining boxing, these constant fucking rematches. Hardly anyone can get a win and ride off now, except Venado Lopez who did that wonderful job on Billy Goat Warrington.
                    Last edited by PittyPat; 02-19-2023, 06:51 PM.
                    Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X