Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood 'Absolutely' Wants To Exercise Contractual Right To Rematch With Mauricio Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
    Lol, Lara is going to make millions going over there and f____ng up Wood and Warrington over and over again!
    Don't expect Wood to go quietly in the night, both him and Lara will know they were in a fight when they wake up the next day.
    thack thack shenmue shenmue like this.

Comment

Wood got a lethargic Lara the first go in a rematch Lara ends him faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post
        When? Why? It should not be anytime soon. The man needs to improve before getting back in there. Why would we expect a different outcome? I like seeing careers ended as much as the next guy but I was just starting to like Wood. How about he does four or five more fights then rematches. Old school style
        Exactly what i was going to say. Watching him yesterday...i thought that he might soon become my favourite fighter. He was showing exceptional skill and i was lapping it up. Those straight shots to the body were beautiful...and for a brit he has some decent pop. I have no doubt that he will be back. For a soft spoken character hes a fairly tough cvnt.
        Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

I'd rather wood get a rematch than see Warrington get a shot f that guy.
          Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            This is one of the things ruining boxing, these constant fucking rematches. Hardly anyone can get a win and ride off now, except Venado Lopez who did that wonderful job on Billy Goat Warrington.
            Rematches of exciting fights are NOT ruining Boxing! If you were in the shoes of any fighter wanting a rematch, you would not be saying that, YOU would most likely be demanding a rematch. Champions who lost their title deserve rematches, especially if they have a clause in the contract. And once in a while the guy who lost, wins a rematch. That has happened many times. Woods would most likely lose the rematch but he deserves a rematch. I've stopped counting how many times a guy who lost a fight swore he would win the rematch and I wanted to laugh at that fighter - and then he went on to do exactly that. Terry Norris was decimated by Simon Brown and many lost money picking Brown in the rematch - well, Terry Norris dominated Brown. Many more examples over time. Wood has balls asking for an immediate rematch but if as would be expected, Lara wins, at least he knows he tried. What is RUINING boxing are the top fighters who won't even fight a top fighter and duck a fighter. Wood ran right into what he knew was a serious threat and took it head on, unlike a lot of Prima Donna's who refuse to fight anyone with a heartbeat. BLAME those fighters on boxing being ruined.
            Last edited by richardt; 02-19-2023, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Do it in the UK Again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Lara is making a killing. Lara needs a house in London.

Comment

Lara should make them brits cross the atlantic for the rematch unless they pay him extremely well to re run it the UK ,the mexican couldn't be in better position.

Comment

Lara can beat 2 brits in one night. Lara/Wood Lara/Warrington doubleheader.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

Exactly what i was going to say. Watching him yesterday...i thought that he might soon become my favourite fighter. He was showing exceptional skill and i was lapping it up. Those straight shots to the body were beautiful...and for a brit he has some decent pop. I have no doubt that he will be back. For a soft spoken character hes a fairly tough cvnt.
                    His last couple of fights have made me a fan. Ill be watching them all. Lara's too

Comment

Lara has speed when he throws his punches and is powerful. He almost doesn't throw anything straight so he can be outboxed and he does gets buzzed a lot.

Wood has to get another corner and can win fighting a more disciplined fight. Warrington has to go in and has no real power so he will get hit good

Comment

Working...
                      X