Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood vs. Mauricio Lara - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be honest here it's arguable he was just as badly hurt in the Conlan fight and he peeled himself of the canvas and went on to win in devastating fashion and he wasn't as convincingly ahead or as competitive in that fight as he was in this fight, Ben should of been cognisant of the time left in the round and acted accordingly based on his charges previous...

​I'm curious if Leigh will opt to stay with Boxercise Ben after what could be considered a questionable decision.
    Last edited by Boro; 02-19-2023, 07:27 AM.
    sirculturevulture sirculturevulture likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
      I think Lara said he felt woods power too I think that's what made him wait a bit too much.
      It wasnt just that. Eventhough in the post fight interview he said he wasn't that hurt by Woods body shots,it was pretty clear he was and was struggling. It took him a minute to even celebrate the victory and the round before the KO,his corner even asked him "que esta pasando chaparrito!?

Wood was countering/boxing quite well until he inevitably tried to "hook with the hooker" and paid dearly for it. Wood didn't land as clean as Lamont but it was reminiscent of Peterson and Matthysse exchanging left hooks in thier fight and like here,we all were reminded of who was in fact the puncher.
      Last edited by Sctrojan; 02-18-2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Wood was hurt, but he deserved the chance to fight on IMO. Ben Davidson should’ve known the round was about to end and Wood could’ve held on and recovered during the break. Wood deserves a rematch, with a new trainer.
        Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 02-18-2023, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X