Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera Remains Under Temporary Suspension By NSAC Following Positive Drug Test From Frank Martin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
    Didn't know he tested positive for two different steroids. His nickname will likely be changed from "La Zarza" to "La Farsa" by the public.
    Just skimming the headlines are ya? You should save that nasty habit for things that don't matter - like global politics, and not important things like boxing.
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Yeah, they weren't steroids but it's okay if you can't read a small English article...
      Whether they are steroids or not (my mistake), the general public will most likely put attention to the title stating he taken banned substances rather than read the fine print. Already seeing this kind of reaction in the comment section.

CommentSection1.jpg

CommentSection2.jpg
      Last edited by Feroz; 02-16-2023, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post

Just skimming the headlines are ya? You should save that nasty habit for things that don't matter - like global politics, and not important things like boxing.
        Just tried to make a rhyme/pun with the guy's nickname, not really attempting to besmirch Michel Rivera.
        Last edited by Feroz; 02-16-2023, 05:13 AM.

Comment

"he ingested the substances unwillingly after being duped into believing he was taking vitamins and supplements. "

So, obviously, he will be able to name the people and identify the supplements he was "duped" into taking.
          Smash Smash Ragga1 Ragga1 like this.

Comment

But....he lost

Comment

(insert boxer name for quote on who failed the test) - “It wasn’t my fault, I don’t know how it got in my system, honestly”.
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Feel sorry for the kid! Weight cut was killing him, so he had to cheat! Should've just went to 140! I know he wanted that Tank Bag, but it wasn't worth his reputation!

Comment

He did on purpose. These are water pills that reduce fluid. You know when you’re on them because you piss a lot a lot more often. They’re given for fluid retention like lasix. The triamterene keeps potassium in the body while eliminating fluid. The hydrochlorothiazide doesn’t spare potassium. It means he was cramping when he was losing water weight with the Thiazide and switched to triamterene to reduce the chances of cramps. This guy knew what he was doing. You piss a lot on that stuff.
                  Add this guy to Floyd Jr, Roy Jones, Shane Mosley, Antonio Tarver, James Toney, Evander Holeyfield, Big Baby Miller, Jon Jones, Connor Benn and the other 100 plus guys I can name.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
                    A Diuretic? Like tea? Thinking about it, I can see how that would give him sort of an advantage by being able to squeeze down to 135. I suppose he'll have to go up to 140 now.

Of course, it's very bad pr for his career after taking a loss like that - plus, a lot of people seeing the headlines will assume it was hardcore steroid use and label him a cheat. Well, I guess he is a cheat if these drugs enabled him to fight in a division he otherwise would not have been able to...
                    They are pills and they make you piss like crazy. They’re mostly used for people with swelling from bad kidneys. The Trimaretene keep’s potassium to prevent cramps while doing this. He knew exactly what he was doing. Just another hes another Aaron Prior

Comment

Not to hate on dominicans but they have that mentality developed from coming from real severe 3rd world conditions where they'll cheat at all costs, especially in the street. They sell lots of basura(garbage work).

Comment

Working...
                      X