Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: Benavidez Opponents Have Been One Dimensional & Not In Same Universe As Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other that Alvarez who tf has plant really fought thats different from Benavidez?

Comment

So Benavidez's opponent's aren't in the same universe as you, Caleb you aren't a extraterrestrial.
      You're as human as anyone else, as Canelo proved when you fought him, so a win over Dirrell doesn't make you supernatural.
      It just mean's that you were better than he was on the night of your fight against him, that is all.
      goforsuns14@gmail.com Wolfie likes this.

Comment

Plants opposition has not been better. When it was better, he started saying how good he was during the match "I am pretty good" to which the other fighter replied "yeah" and then knocked him out about 5 min later. Plant is not that good to be considered above Benevidez. He is a solid fighter, great for a gateway keeper but on the whole very unproven, this fight will prove more than any other. It's huge, I can not wait
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

“Cinnabon” Now that’s funny. All jokes aside, I could see it playing out similarly with the first 6 rounds being competitive, but after that Plant’s tank will start to diminish. Benavidez’s constant pressure and heavy punches will take a toll on Plant. I’m just looking forward to this scrap. We need more matchups like this.
          I see that fight playing out just about the same way that you've stated VashDBasher, and we do need more match ups like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            Plant was getting touched up by dirrell and for someone who supposedly is "slick" he gets roughed up every fight.

Benevidez is gonna break him down.
            I agree with you. I think Benavidez will connect too clean and too frequently to not be able to get to Plant.
            Last edited by BoxingParadigm; 02-08-2023, 04:04 PM.
            goforsuns14@gmail.com Wolfie likes this.

Comment

I favor Benaviez but not because of what he claims, or caliber of opponents, but the length to which the elites have gone to avoid him and the opinions of the champions that spared him.

As for Caleb Plant...say what you will but the guy that fought Dirrell was a different guy that fought Canelo. Sure he boxed but never gassed and many times Plant just stood and fought before ending it with a one punch knock out. Yes David is special... BUT... I haven't seen David cut the ring and if it doesn't come 2nd nature, If he has to think, it will take too long and come too late.

One thing is for absolute certainty Caleb Plant will show exactly where David fits in the 168lb landscape​, great fight and worth paying for.
              Last edited by factsarenice; 02-08-2023, 01:58 PM.
              LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

All im saying is lot dudes here will jump out benavidez hype boat if he gets outboxed by plant..

Comment

i am really looking forward to this fight. Of course Benividas is the favorite but I have a feeling that Plant will expose weaknesses, which will lead to others who could exploit them.

Comment

I always favor fundamentals over power. Benavidez is talented but I fear he's way overhyped. Plant is not the greatest, but he is a good, sound boxer with a respectable ring IQ and he has enough in his toolbox to neutralize much of Benavidez' flashier punches.

Really looking forward to this scuffle.
                    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Plant is a good boxer and mover but good is about it. He spent a great deal of the Canelo fight standing right infront of him in the pocket and against the ropes. He survived 11 rounds because Canelo has no volume but he won't last long standing still against Benavidez at all. Go watch the uzcateugi fight and see how busted up he got in that fight, pretty badly for a guy who is supposed to have 'slick defense'

Comment

Working...
                      X