Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo Really Wants To Fight In Mexico On May 6th; I Think It'll Be John Ryder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo Really Wants To Fight In Mexico On May 6th; I Think It'll Be John Ryder

NEW YORK - Canelo Alvarez might finally fight in his home country again. Promoter Eddie Hearn informed BoxingScene.com on Thursday that Alvarez's next fight could take place in his native Mexico. Guadalajara's Alvarez will return to the ring May 6, perhaps against John Ryder, and the undisputed super middleweight champion's preference, according to Hearn, is to box in Mexico for the first time in more than 11 years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I bet the Mexicans can't wait for this epic match up.

Comment

I'd sooner see Canelo fight Benavidez or the likes but Ryder has earned his shot so good luck to him . I't the most commercial fighter in the world V the least and of course a win , win for the smug one who seems the best at avoiding the best fights.

Comment

Probably gonna be in Texas. Carnela gonna have to take alot less for a fight his people more than likely don't wanna see.

Comment

ryder on PPV Dazn, a lot of time for John but come on 'gamechanger' Eddie

Comment

Sounds like the US and UK interest in this fight is lower than Hearn/Canelo expected.
            Oracle01 Oracle01 Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

Ryder was always meant to be Canelos UK fight. Interesting its looking like that’s not going to happen now

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
                Ryder was always meant to be Canelos UK fight. Interesting its looking like that’s not going to happen now
                UK fight was always unlikely. Most revenue comes from the US PPVs. If it's in Mexico it can still be on primetime US PPV. UK fights on PPV US will never do as good because its the afternoon when the main event starts

Comment

The champ gets what the champ wants and if it’s to fight in Mexico, then it’ll be Mexico and the world will see watch and pay… regardless! That’s how far the champ has come, Canelo is a living legend, ATG, and still has a few years to add to his legacy. Glad to see all the time and work has paid off for the man, and now he can do what he wants and fight whoever whenever wherever.. talk about reaching the pinnacle absolute pinnacle of your profession. That’s Canelo!!

Comment

There is no storyline here. John Ryder has 0.00% chance of beating Canelo. it will be very one-sided. The build up will have no heat, and there is no rivalry between them. This type of thing would never be accepted in the WWF Attitude era, an era where the best fought the best and had storylines and rivalries with the best. Nash out

Comment

Working...
                    X