Is Devin Haney an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Devin Haney an elite fighter?

Please be honest

He's beaten zero top comp and no lucky Kambosis is not elite. He had his lucky 15 mins of fame and that's it.

Haney gets sloppy and throws a lot of arm punches. He went 12 with 40 yr old Gamboa yet Cruz destroyed him in 4.

Yes. next.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
      Yes. next.
      I don't think he is atleast not yet.

Comment

He has not proved to be elite yet.

Comment

elite LMAO? No.

He's a weight bully. Elite fighters can move up in weight and win. Can he?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            elite LMAO? No.

Nobody said that until Loma suddenly had no choice but to stop ducking him.
            Of course he can move up and win who is even at 140 apart from Prograis and a tight at the weight Taylor?

Comment

Of course he is elite its why Tank, Cryan, Loma and the likes keep avoiding him then you have sheep justifying it and echoing nonsense about weight bullying, email champion, etc rather than calling their fighters out to find their damn balls then they sit complaining the sports dead lol
              Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

What makes anyone think Tank or Ryan are elite? Just a battle of the duckers.

We can question Haneys opposition all day long but Rolly Romero - who? Hector Luis Garcia - genuinely who the ****s that? Pitbull Cruz? Ain't he some Reggaeton artist?

As for Cryan this guys belongs in the Guinness book of records for pulling out of fights.​

Why are we not questioning whether they are elite or not? We should be not questioning the one they have ducked, that has all the belts, that has beaten better competition that isn't dropping tons of rounds to absolute trash like Rolly Romero who quite frankly can't box, period.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  elite LMAO? No.

Oh, how convenient...
                  He is still able to make 135 and loma has been fighting big guys, so that point is moot. When teofimo, a much bigger guy beat loma, no one even said anything about the size difference on fight night. When haney is about to fight loma, all the built in excuses starts rolling in case loma loses.
                  Last edited by Lance98; 02-01-2023, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I don’t think so. I don’t like the way he “fights”. He jabs, runs and holds. His athleticism allows him to do this easily. If he takes any sort of risk, he gets hit hard.

I think he’s actually a terrible “fighter”. He basically matched Kambosos in power punches in their first fight, because he was too busy just jabbing. It could have been a highlight reel win. But I get it, he can’t punch and his chin sucks so he is scared to throw anything other than jabs for most of the fight.

Mind you, he wants to be like and sound like Mayweather so much, but Mayweather was actually landing power punches while jabbing and moving. He would outland his opponents in that department so badly, that he was called boring. Because it was so damn bad. I mean in 1 of Mayweather’s most ferocious performances vs Gatti, he outlanded Gatti 110 to 10 in power punches. That’s what you call elite. When you make the The Ring #1 ranked, WBC 140lb champion look like that.

Not that garbage we have seen in Haney vs Kambosos, where Haney landed 69 power punches to Kambosos’ 68.

Sorry but if you try so hard to be like a certain fighter, that’s who i’m going to compare you to.

Comment

Working...
                    X