Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Wants Another Crack At World Title; Prefers It At 160 To Become 2-Weight Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Wants Another Crack At World Title; Prefers It At 160 To Become 2-Weight Champ

Liam Smith still feels he can comfortably get down to 154 pounds and perform effectively within that division. The former WBO junior middleweight titleholder understands, though, that Jermell Charlo is recovering from a fractured left hand and must make multiple mandatory defenses of his belts once the fully unified 154-pound champ comes back. Smith admitted, too, that he felt "great" while fighting at the middleweight limit of 160 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Liam can whoop mediocre products like Charlo and Janibek. He has a slim chance against GGGeezer but I still rank GGGeezer above anyone else in terms of H2H at 160. I think he should pick inactive Charlo first if Eubank rematch won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
      Liam can whoop mediocre products like Charlo and Janibek. He has a slim chance against GGGeezer but I still rank GGGeezer above anyone else in terms of H2H at 160. I think he should pick inactive Charlo first if Eubank rematch won't happen.
      Who knows what's going on with Charlo. Simpler to go for Janibek, Smith should get Eubank ranking with the WBO which with Munguia declining the fight would make him mandatory.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post

Who knows what's going on with Charlo. Simpler to go for Janibek, Smith should get Eubank ranking with the WBO which with Munguia declining the fight would make him mandatory.
        Yes, smiths 154 title was WBO wasn't it? So, if he petitions WBO to be Janibek mandatory, he's probably got a good chance of landing it.

Comment

Janibek looked like a plodding robot in his last fight. Was gassed af by 10th round. Easy work for Charlo. Dont know if did on purpose
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Was Eubank seriously overrated?
            Maybe Eubank was too drained at 160?
            Or, is Smith a better fighter than he gets credit for?
            I think Liam's good but he loses when he steps up in class.
            As for Chris, he seemed weak at 160 but he never was the top guy he thought he was.
            thack thack likes this.

Comment

He deserves it. We owe him thanks for exposing that clown hype job.

Comment

Let's face it , everyone is still stunned the way Eubank Jr. was hammered and most of all by who . I for one don't know where to place Liam next

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  Was Eubank seriously overrated?
                  Maybe Eubank was too drained at 160?
                  Or, is Smith a better fighter than he gets credit for?
                  I think Liam's good but he loses when he steps up in class.
                  As for Chris, he seemed weak at 160 but he never was the top guy he thought he was.
                  I think Smith also has a lot more power at 160lbs, he’s not really stopped anyone of that calibre in that way before

I’d like to see him give 160 a shot

Comment

I have no idea, why people are acting all dramatic over Eubank Junior.

I have never rated Eubank Junior as a elite fighter. But he has been a solid, game fighter 'Who was clearly operating above domestic level'.

Just because he loss vs Liam Smith, does not make him a clown or a fraud.

Go and check his record, and study his career 'Boxing is not a game, or a clown show' It is very serious.

Smith has attempted to play down Eubank Junior before the fight. But the fact of the matter is 'It is his best win'.

I think Liam Smith beating Chris Eubank Junior is his biggest win 'When you don't factor in any titles'.

It is the biggest fight, and event he has ever been involved in. I don't think Smith has ever competed under that type of pressure before 'Then won the fight'.

So if Eubank Junior does not activate his rematch-clause, Smith should definitely go for another title fight.

But he is not going to be able to make any demands against any of the Top Fighters at 160 pounds 'Against Eubank Junior? Liam Smith in negotiations can make demands'.

I just think Eubank Junior was drained from his training camp for the Benn fight. I think there was a carry over effect for the Smith fight. Regardless, skill for skill I think Liam Smith was fighting the better fight 'And for the entire duration of the fight, was fighting with more poise'.

Comment

Working...
                    X