Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Wants Another Crack At World Title; Prefers It At 160 To Become 2-Weight Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coward Eubank Jr. fled 168 for a reason. Could you imagine Benavidez or Morrell hitting him like that?

Comment

Beefy fighting golovkin for mw belt doesn't sound bad at all tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        I have no idea, why people are acting all dramatic over Eubank Junior.

I have never rated Eubank Junior as a elite fighter. But he has been a solid, game fighter 'Who was clearly operating above domestic level'.

Just because he loss vs Liam Smith, does not make him a clown or a fraud.

Go and check his record, and study his career 'Boxing is not a game, or a clown show' It is very serious.

Smith has attempted to play down Eubank Junior before the fight. But the fact of the matter is 'It is his best win'.

I think Liam Smith beating Chris Eubank Junior is his biggest win 'When you don't factor in any titles'.

It is the biggest fight, and event he has ever been involved in. I don't think Smith has ever competed under that type of pressure before 'Then won the fight'.

So if Eubank Junior does not activate his rematch-clause, Smith should definitely go for another title fight.

But he is not going to be able to make any demands against any of the Top Fighters at 160 pounds 'Against Eubank Junior? Liam Smith in negotiations can make demands'.

I just think Eubank Junior was drained from his training camp for the Benn fight. I think there was a carry over effect for the Smith fight. Regardless, skill for skill I think Liam Smith was fighting the better fight 'And for the entire duration of the fight, was fighting with more poise'.

Don't disagree with most of what you said. Eubank has never been good defensively and Smith got to him. Smith has always been efficient when he smells someone is hurt. Can't see doing two camps so close together as being anything but detrimental.

Maybe Eubank has just got old and is more cautious or is he affected by what has happened with his family plus the Blackwell fight that he doesn't want to hurt others? In the Liam Williams fight it looked like he could finish it but chose not to.

Will be interesting to see what happens to both of them. Eubank was highly ranked at MW for the last 3 years but didn't get a sniff of a title shot even though he brought the money and others like Bentley got one. Could be that he may benefit the same way as Bentley now if the champions see him as much lower risk. His team need to think strategically about their next steps
        Last edited by Goatintheboat; 02-01-2023, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Liam's best chance of winning a championship fight at 160 would be against Alimkhanuly, but that's not saying that he would win. Until Eubank, I haven't seen him beat anybody that would be considered a good fighter. I really don't think that much of Eubank, but he does check off as a decent name for the resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post

Don't disagree with most of what you said. Eubank has never been good defensively and Smith got to him. Smith has always been efficient when he smells someone is hurt. Can't see doing two camps so close together as being anything but detrimental.

Maybe Eubank has just got old and is more cautious or is he affected by what has happened with his family plus the Blackwell fight that he doesn't want to hurt others? In the Liam Williams fight it looked like he could finish it but chose not to.

Will be interesting to see what happens to both of them. Eubank was highly ranked at MW for the last 3 years but didn't get a sniff of a title shot even though he brought the money and others like Bentley got one. Could be that he may benefit the same way as Bentley now if the champions see him as much lower risk. His team need to think strategically about their next steps
            Eubank Junior had to make 157 pound limit vs Benn, and could weigh no heavier than 5 pounds over that limit on fight night.

Eubank Junior for the Benn fight, clearly adhered to these stipulations. And I think it has had a carry over effect for the Smith camp and fight.

It can happen, weight draining yourself as a fighter will eventually have a negative effect on your performance and overall condition.

I suggest Smith best stay at 160 pounds, because it is already a known fact that he weight drains himself extensively at 154 pounds.

I don't think moving back down now at this stage of his career, is a good idea. Might as well ether rematch Eubank Junior, or go for the Glory against a World Champion at 160 pounds 'Whether it is Eubank Junior or a World title fight at 160 pounds'.

Both of these options are better bigger and better opportunities than anything he has at 154 pounds. Bigger events, more Glory.

I personally think Eubank Junior was suffering from chronic effects from the Benn camp. Even without this skill for skill, I don't think he was fighting a better fight than Smith.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-01-2023, 09:30 AM.
            Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X