Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Says He Will Talk To Arum About Making Anthony Yarde-Joe Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have Yarde turn out against some of the british lads in his division. The Callum Johnson fight is the one. Don't know how many have had Beterbiev on their @rse but Johnson managed it. Would be a compelling match-up.
    BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
      I'd have Yarde turn out against some of the british lads in his division. The Callum Johnson fight is the one. Don't know how many have had Beterbiev on their @rse but Johnson managed it. Would be a compelling match-up.
      Warren doesn't want yarde exposed at domestic level! He was gutted when Arthur beat him and did absolutely nothing to enforce Arthur's status as mandatory, instead ensuring that Yarde got an immediate rematch - which, credit to him, he won convincingly.

Pre-retirement Johnson beats him imo, as do Buatsi, Richards and Callum Smith
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Warren doesn't want yarde exposed at domestic level! He was gutted when Arthur beat him and did absolutely nothing to enforce Arthur's status as mandatory, instead ensuring that Yarde got an immediate rematch - which, credit to him, he won convincingly.

Pre-retirement Johnson beats him imo, as do Buatsi, Richards and Callum Smith
        d'you know mate I didn't even realise CJ was retired! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...al-health.html

thanks for the heads up.Last I knew he was training in a make-shift gym in his garage during the pandemic. thats a shame that.

Comment

Puzzled why Warren never pushed Callum Johnson the way he has supported Yarde.

On the subject of a fight with Smith Jr - providing that beat down off Beterbiev hasn't ruined him - I'd take him to stop Yarde.
          because Johnson looked finished when he moved to Warren. His performances were dreadful. I like Johnson and it’s a shame he never got good fights earlier in his career but he was badly faded in those last two career fights on BT sport, hence his retirement

He only spent about 6 months with Warren anyway, and fought twice,
          Last edited by deathofaclown; 02-01-2023, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post

What are you champion off? Your mom's basement?
            Champion of you agreeing with me because what i said was true. That's why you couldn't argue the point.

We don't have basements over here. But if we did, i'm pretty sure it would be equal to the championship quality of those two i mentioned. Which would be none.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Like I said, paint it any color you want, your opinion doesn't count. Unlike Yarde (and he may be one day) both Smith and Wilder were World Champions, period. Wilder and Smith aren't "real" fighters? The FXCK would you call them then? It's funny how you internet losers who've accomplished nothing in life cast aspersions at World Champions. You do know you don't have to be an all-time-great to still earn the respect of being called a "real" fighter and a "real" world champion right? The FXCK did you ever accomplish in life I'm wondering?
              To be a real world champion you would need to at the very least beat world class fighters. neither did that. Smith didn't even win his fight against Vlasov as he was outclassed and dominated. I had Vlasov by 9-3 in rounds. Why, do you think Smith won and it was legitimate? If so, your opinion is less than worthless. You shouldn't support corruption on a grand scale. It goes against the point of any sport.

Who's asking for them to be "ATG"? I'm certainly not. Just beat a world class fighter. What does it say about fighters calling themselves world champions when they beat nothing but low level scrubs? It's shameful on the sport. No other sport is this pathetic when it comes to actual world champions.

Wilder isn't a real fighter as he's the biggest coward the sport has ever seen. He ducked everyone whilst lying and pretending he wanted those fights. He never did. He's a fantasist who is pathologically deluded amongst other things. Nothing remotely real when it comes to describing what kind of fighter he is. Why else is his record filled with nothing but bums? It's because he wanted to fight nothing but while he and his equally phony team pulled con after con to gullible idiots who don't even know what day it is.

Lastly, opinions matter when your words stand up to scrutiny and don't fall flat. it's called truth and reality. Therefore, they'll count far greater than yours ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

You're a moron. He's stopped 22 pros which (not counting hookers) is 22 more pros than you've stopped. Couldn't place or time an accurate shot? Ask guys like Fonfara and Barrera (yes I know he lost to Sullivan). How about Eleider Alvarez, a former world champ who he beat the **** out of. Ask Bernard Hopkins. Hell ask Dmitri Bivol. Despite getting schooled Smith managed to clock Bivol several times, including a shot at the bell which seriously rung Bivol's bell. GTFOH... He doesn't have to be Sugar Ray Robinson to deserve some respect fool.
                You want me to ask fighters who were shot? Not exactly the best examples of his accuracy and placement is it? Shot fighters get hit with practically anything.

His win over Fonfara was due to getting beat up and close to being knocked out until Fonfara went in without being smart with his defence and got caught by a desperate shot from Smith. It had nothing to do with ability to place his shots. Against Vlasov and Beterbiev he was all over the place. Watch them and tell me at which point you see his accuracy and timing and give me a good laugh?

The Bivol fight where he was dominated and outclassed but hit him with a good one and stunned him? Over 12 rounds? That proves his lacking in these areas. It doesn't support him.

Please don't make any comment on any fighter that could be perceived as negative like you're claiming i shouldn't as you haven't won any fights either. You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite. Far too many of those on here as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post

d'you know mate I didn't even realise CJ was retired! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...al-health.html

thanks for the heads up.Last I knew he was training in a make-shift gym in his garage during the pandemic. thats a shame that.
                  Yes, I agree with you. Johnson never got the promotion he deserved. I always suspected that both Hearn and Warren signed him in order to protect their other 175lb-ers.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

because Johnson looked finished when he moved to Warren. His performances were dreadful. I like Johnson and it’s a shame he never got good fights earlier in his career but he was badly faded in those last two career fights on BT sport, hence his retirement

He only spent about 6 months with Warren anyway, and fought twice,
                    Are you sure he was only with Warren 6 months? Perhaps my memory is playing tricks but I recall a much longer spell than that? Thanks.

Comment

Are you sure he was only with Warren 6 months? Perhaps my memory is playing tricks but I recall a much longer spell than that? Thanks.
                      well his final 2 fights were with Warren. They were over a 6 month period. He did fight on some Warren undercards in the first 6 or so fights of his career, as well as some small hall promoters cards

Then he fought on mostly Eddie Hearn cards during the time most people got to know him and spent quite a few years on Matchroom. Then joined Warren for his final 2 fights which happened in 2021. Then he retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X