Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Backs Tank-Garcia To Generate Close To 2.5 Million Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Backs Tank-Garcia To Generate Close To 2.5 Million Buys

Oscar De La Hoya, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, is backing Gervonta "Tank" Davis vs. Ryan Garcia to do a massive pay-per-view number. De La Hoya, who promotes Garcia (23-0, 19 KOs), is came together with Premier Boxing Champions, Showtime and DAZN to make the Davis (28-0, 26 KOs) fight happen.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight is never happening in a million years, the sooner they shut all this clout chasing calling out each other out on social media bull and get back to fighting cans the better.
    Dustin Tanner Dustin Tanner likes this.

Comment

Maybe it's my lack of Social Media presence but is Tank and Ryan that popular? I mean I get people click a little follow icon on their social media but will they pay?

Comment

It’ll probably do between 250 K to 550 K. I’d be pleasantly surprised, if it did over 600 K. I’d be absolutely shocked if it did anywhere 1 million!

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
          It’ll probably do between 250 K to 550 K. I’d be pleasantly surprised, if it did over 600 K. I’d be absolutely shocked if it did anywhere 1 million!
          Will you be shocked if they don't release the numbers?

Comment

Lmao..they'll never make such ppv figure, luckily they'll make 1.5 and thats being generous, they aren't that big names tbh..lay down the pipe Oscar

Comment

Just stop talking and sign the contract!
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Remember when GBP projected 4M buys for Mayweather-Mosley? They did end up with 1.4M, which was considered a success. 1.4/4=35%

35% of 2.5M would be 875,000 PPV buys. If they're still applying the same formulas at GBP, they'd consider 875K PPVs a success.

I think that's a realistic goal that they can set for themselves. They're depending on Ryan's Mexican blood selling the fight. But are Mexicans really big Ryan Garcia fans? I think 500-600K PPV buys.

If it's a good fight, I think the rematch does more.

Comment

I think if promoted right it can do close to a million.
                  chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

2.5-3m buys?! Have another line Oscar.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X