Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce 'Ideally' Prefers a Title Fight With Fury Over Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember watching Usyk beat the brakes off of Joyce before they were pros and Juggernaut just kept coming.

I'm pretty sure neither guy wants to to face that other again.

Also, Usyk said he wants Fury, Wilder and then a catch weight fight w/Canelo before calling it quits. Now, this was pre-Bivol/Canelo so maybe that's not on the table anymore, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      Fully expect Fury to retire (again) if he beats Usyk.
      You seriously think Fury would get in the ring with either usyk or Joyce?

Fury will price himself out or give a ridiculous deadline on a negotiation to get out of either fight

He won't fight anyone he isn't sure of

Comment

Fury will fight Francis Ngannou and retire he won't fight usyk and Joyce

Comment

Truth is, Juggie-boy, you don't matter or count in the big picture of the heavyweight landscape! You haven't got star quality, you don't draw money or attention, internationally you won't headline a ppv purely and simply because of your age and your lack of skills. Not only Usyk ridiculed you, he schooled a much better robot than yourself, a chap who goes by the name of Anthony Joshua! Imo you're getting drunk with tap water...

Comment

Originally posted by Punch_n_Judy View Post
            So Joyce is No.1 contender and convincingly beat Parker. Yet Queensberry can't get him a credible opponent. Such an amateur outfit. Hate to say it, but even Matchroom would get him better opponents.
            Who would you get that is available?

AJ Whyte Wilder Fury Usyk out of the equation

Comment

Whoever wins the Undisputed fight, expect the winner to
              immediately dump one or two of the belts as the organizations will immediately be calling for Mandatories to be fought (IBF and WBA most likely). The 4 belts won’t stay together long, I’d be surprised if the winner is able to defend all 4 unless they can come to an agreement with the other organizations on who is first up. I expect this more so if Fury wins, he will likely immediately dump the IBF at least as he has already stated he doesn’t want to hold their title or pay their sanctioning fees.

Comment

Understandably so because Fury is a bigger draw and has a better brand than Usyk; Especially in the U.K.

Comment

Is the Joyce vs Fury match up, at its biggest?

Or would another big win for Joyce, really put this match up at fever pitch levels?

It was only really after Joyce beat Parker, for the first time people started to put pressure on Fury to fight Joyce 'People in the boxing world, but also the general public'.

That was why Fury, in my opinion tactically started to talk about Joyce very complimentary.

Fury is very good with his sociopolitical tactics. Joyce vs Fury is a fight that could be made within a few days.

If Fury does not fight Uysk, he will be pressured into fighting Joyce.

There is talk of Joyce fighting this Zhang, but I think he should only make this fight 'When Usyk vs Fury is made etc'.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Fully expect Fury to retire (again) if he beats Usyk.
                    Wouldn't blame him.

He'd legit be the best HW of his era and leapfrog over Vlad & Vitali as the best post-Lennox HW

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Understandably so because Fury is a bigger draw and has a better brand than Usyk; Especially in the U.K.
                    Absolutamente

Comment

Working...
                    X